Twins 2024 Thread

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Just seen Sonny to St. Louis and Maeda to the Tigers

There were rumors Sonny would retire but he must have got enough cash to change his mind. I still would like to know if they had any offers for him at the deadline? Sounds like they want to slash the payroll this year so we probably won’t see much happening earl on?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

How is that possible? Those markets are similar in size, or smaller than the Twin Cities…… whistling rotflol waytogo

JEREMY
    BP

There losing 45 million from BSN so the Pohlads are gonna go broke.

Ripjiggen

Just seen Sonny to St. Louis and Maeda to the Tigers

There were rumors Sonny would retire but he must have got enough cash to change his mind. I still would like to know if they had any offers for him at the deadline? Sounds like they want to slash the payroll this year so we probably won’t see much happening earl on?

I’m sure they had calls but why would they have shown interest in any of them.

CaptainMusky

How is that possible? Those markets are similar in size, or smaller than the Twin Cities……

They dont have a cheap Pohlads?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Funny thing is TwinsDaily had an article about how losing Sonny wasn’t so bad because they will get a compensatory pick in next years draft. Surely that guy will be relevant to a team that *should* be in win now mode. Who needs the AL Cy Young runner up, amirite?!?! Twins Baseball is FANtastic. rotflol rotflol rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Man, that happened way faster than I expected. My guess is the Twins said, we like ya, but we’re only willing to give you another one year deal with an option for the second. He wanted a longer deal. Twins said, good luck to you. Sucks.

At $25/year the Twins could’ve afforded him after moving a couple guys that are going to have to be dealt anyway.

Ripjiggen

My guess the Twins didn’t even offer him a legit deal.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dan Hayes from the Athletic said the were willing to go to $20 mill and less term.

Sucks either way.

JEREMY
    BP

Come on they won a playoff series last season they dont need to compete for a good 10 years now.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Come on they won a playoff series last season they dont need to compete for a good 10 years now.

Pretty much….

Umy
    South Metro

There are times when I just don’t understand how I can love TWINS baseball so much…….

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

There are times when I just don’t understand how I can love TWINS baseball so much…….

They definitely like to put us through the ringer…..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

In Royce we trust waytogo

The sun will still rise tomorrow

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Cory Provus will be replacing Bremer. I’m fine with this. I like Provus.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Cory Provus will be replacing Bremer. I’m fine with this. I like Provus.

Yeah, but I’m more of a radio guy. Always driving home from work during games. Cory was great to listen to. Gladden makes my brain hurt and ears bleed. Atleast Provus brought 5 innings of relief!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

He wanted to go because Rocco pulls starters too early. Just my 2 cents.

JEREMY
    BP

Cory Provus will be replacing Bremer. I’m fine with this. I like Provus

They wont be on tv anyway.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Guess the Twins aren’t getting Ohtani. jester
    Insane contract

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

Now that Ohtani has singed ma be things will start moving. I would like to see the twins take advantage of Kepler’s good finish to last year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Guess the Twins aren’t getting Ohtani. jester
    Insane contract

Yep. For A DH…..He’s not pitching again if the Dodgers are smart.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

makes our DH look like a bargain mrgreen

I know Ohtani won’t pitch next year but I find it hard to believe that they gave him all that cash just to DH? I remember hearing that a beer and dog at a Dodger game is like $50.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

It doesn’t even matter if he doesn’t pitch again. He brings in so much attendance and viewership (especially from Japanese markets) that he’ll definitely be a financial asset to the dodgers

Dan
    Southeast MN

I also would assume he’ll pitch again, or at least that was part of the plan while working the deal. I don’t even view this as a contract that “resets the market” because there isn’t a market for a player that is at the top end of two positions. I’m sure other agents will try, but you can’t use his deal as a benchmark IMO.

JEREMY
    BP

That contract is stupid. Gonna be the death of sports sooner than later. I dont care how good you are nobody is worth 48k an inning.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That contract is stupid. Gonna be the death of sports sooner than later. I dont care how good you are nobody is worth 48k an inning.

The owners are not in the business of losing money. If anything it should show you what owners *could* spend on players if extracting as much money as possible wasn’t their goal. Half the league will have a payroll less than 3 of the Dodgers players will get paid.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

In the only news to come out of Twins Territory this off season, Buxton exclaims “I’m Back”

Ok Buck…..Apparently he’s back 100% and is expecting to start the season in centerfield…according to Dan Hayes latest interview with him.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.