JT Outdoors 7’0″ UL Fast Panhandler

• NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Hello
    I wanted to ask if anyone has used the JT Outdoors 7’0″ ultra Light, Fast Panhandler Open water rod for Bluegill and Crappies. Interested to know if this would be a good rod for size 4 xraps, or if it would be too whippy.

Currently I run the 7’0″ st croix Light/xtra fast panfish and avid panfish rods. I like them, but this JT rod intrigues me as well. Let me know your thoughts and if you have a comparison to the St Croix panfish 7’0″ Light/extra fast.

Thank you.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have the 6’6″ version of this rod and its great. the rod I have is a bit whippy, but it does have good feel. I use it for 1/16 jigs/plastics for crappies (casting or vertical jigging), also use it for walleye fishing with up to 1/4oz jigs for the light bite days. The rod loads up very well while still allowing you to feel the bite

Jimmy Jones

I have a 7 foot “light” action with a fast tip and it handles a Rapala #4 ultra light shad bait just fine, where as my 7 foot ultralight/fast will not. Too soft for any decent hooksets.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Thank you for the information bigstorm and Jimmy Jones. Appreciate the feedback.

PmB

JT panhandler has plenty of backbone for good hooksets. Nice multi purpose panfish/ walleye rod and alot cheaper than the rest of their lineup

nord

I have the JT Panhandler 7 ft UL. I love it. it’s not as whippy as most UL rods. I wasn’t sure until I had one in my hands. It will handle #4 Xraps just fine.

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Yup. Sweet rod, and customer service is great. I just brought mine in for a missing ring in the end guide. Charged me 3 bucks and I was outta there and catching trout within ten minutes

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

thank you all for the additional info on these rods.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.