WHAT IS GOING ON???

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

The last few trips to Green Lake , (other than just before dark), I haven’t been able to hold the rod in my hand and catch many fish. My dead sticks are catching fish, but not the one in my hand. I’m not talking about feeling a change in my line and missing a hook set. I’m talking about not getting bit at all.

The only thing I can think of is that with the neurological damage I have , that at best the stillest I can hold the rod is a small vibration and the fish are too finicky to even want that? But if they are finicky why will they grab, pull the tip down and hold on till I set the hook on the deadsticks???? On the rare occasions that I do get a bite , hooksetting is not a problem.

Is anybody else seeing the same kind of bite.

russjudy
    Minnesota

for some reason dead sticking has been working great the past few years, dont know why either

if you jig alot use a small rattle jig with just a head and some of it on a hook

russjudy
    Minnesota

for some reason dead sticking on Upper Red has been working great the past few years, dont know why either

if you jig alot use a small rattle jig with just a head and some of it on a hook

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Quote:

Is anybody else seeing the same kind of bite.

Gills – YES. Crappie – NO. Fishing the same areas as you. The crappie I’ve been targeting are either ON or OFF. They are in mid-winter pattern all ready. Purple/Pink glitter Cecil with a gold treble (no bait) is by far the best jig choice I’ve had on. Lowering slowly with some bounce fishing in less than 4 fow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.