West Metro

• mrwalleye
    MN

Well with no work today because of the cold I decided that I should go fishing,
    So I hit a small lake looking for Perch , the first hole I drilled was not looking to good but when I pounded the bottom with the depth tester the bottom 6 feet lit up solid red thinking that I hit the mother load of Perch I dropped my buckshot down and they came racing up to meet it and it was fish on, much to my surprise it was a nice crappie, so I dropped back down and the same thing I had my limit of nice 9 to 10″ crappies in the first 15 minutes and then spent the next 1.5 hours having a blast catching and releasing 30 – 40 more one after the other, I also had 4 bass from 2 – 3 lbs that were a blast on light line,
    the fish all came from one hole in 26FOW on a gold 1/8 oz buckshot tipped with a waxie

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I’m sorry but it’s rude not to share where you were with the rest of the class.

mrwalleye
    MN

Sorry small lake and I don’t want it pounded

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

Sorry small lake and I don’t want it pounded

BIRDDOG

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Nice work today How much ice did you have?? Only in MN will someone not have to work due to the cold and then proceed to spend the day outside ice fishing

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Congrats on the fish! Sounds like a nice day!!!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Or is that an “ice” day?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

There’s been a few lakes out west putting out nice numbers of decent metro sized crappies. Not hearing too many over 10″, but a meal seems to come in short order.

mrwalleye
    MN

8″ of ice but I’m guessing with -12 tonight 10″ to 12″ by morning it was cracking and rumbling tonight

mrwalleye
    MN

what a bummer NO WORK for tomorrow too cold
    it looks like I’m going to have to go fishing

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Dang..I need a job like that…

mrwalleye
    MN

You don’t want my job half the time I’m standing in ankle deep mud and I’m soaking wet, the other half I’m covered in dust,

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Nope. I just mean for the times it is too cold to work.

mrwalleye
    MN

It’s not that often that this happens and I get 2 days in a row off, most of the time I’m working weekends, nights, days, holidays,it really screws up fishing and family time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.