Hauling people on atv trailer

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

It looks like we’ll be going up to Mille Lacs again next month. Idealy we won’t have to bring with 4 ATVs. It would be nice if we could get by with two and pull their trailers behind with the extra people and all the gear.

I have two 650s so the power is there. We went out of Hunters last year and had roads everywhere we needed to go. I’m wondering how many folks transport people around this way. If you do, have you found a way to provide the folks on the trailer a bit of a wind break?

birddog
    Mn.

I haul people and gear several times a year on a trailer. It works fine. As far as making them them a “windbreak”…Nope. It’s winter, it’s Minnesota…it’s cold. Better bundle up, scarves, full face gators, etc. We never have an issue. We all have flip style shacks. I’ll take one of them, centered facing forward and strap it down so a couple people can sit right on the seats. My understanding is it’ much more comfortable compared to sitting on the bed of the trailer. There’s been days we’ve put 40+ miles on this way, it works fine.

I guess a guy could flip the shack closed but I think it’s better that they’re open so the riders can see what’s going on…drifts, bumps, pressure ridge, etc. They need to be able to see and prepare the body for those jolts/bumps.

BIRDDOG

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

thats what my dad does we just throw all the equipment in the trailer and load up the people and go. it works pretty good. but we not going as far as people go out on mille lacs. you should be fine with your set ups that you have now

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.