Show Down Locators

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

I know that Marcum and Vexilar are the most popular locators on the market for ice fishing, but I was wondering if anyone has used the Show Down. I’ve tried other units along with my vexilar fl 8 and have not been able to sort through the interference even with all the adjustments . Any one try the show down along with other electronics. I also have a lowrance 522c with ice pack and I was wondering what might work with that in a shack. Thanks.

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I purchased a Showdown this year. I used it in WI fishing with my dad over 4 days and it worked great. It was used next to my buddies Vexilar FL-8 and my Dad’s Vexilar FL-18. I was able to clear the interference created by the Vexilars and marked and caught crappies and blugills. All 3 units worked well. I love the easy to read display and the battery life greatly surpases Vexilar and Marcum flashers. Only downside is that it needs a flat surface – verticle and will tip over if not on flat surface. I have not used it next to a Lowrance or other units. Hope this helps.

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

If you use the “search” feature on this website under “My Home” you can find some excellent threads from years past. Very simple to use.

Scott Steil did a very thorough evaluation of the original product in 2006.

Here is a link to a thread from last week that references a thread from last year.

web page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.