Carls Lake 12-10

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I managed to get out for a short while last night. I normally do well in shallow water on this lake in early ice. Last night I didnt even mark a fish.

I will also mention that there is some serious blanket effect goin on there right now. I had about 5.5 inches of ice with 1.5 inches of water over top, and 4 inches of snow.

Even saw that a couple idiots had already brought out wheelers and sleds. I swear they get dumber every year…

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

I agree, Dumber every year. I guarranty someone is going threw this weekened. Too bad about the fish report. I still cant decide on where to go this weekend. Sounds like you fish the same areas as me. That blanket affect is a scary deal. Usually its in the spring not winter. Ill let you know which metro lake I hit up and give an update. Have you heard anything out on Cedar yet?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The north metro up through the Chisago area doesn’t have as much snow, thus not as much water coming up. It would be nice if the snow would hold off so the ice can build. I would hate to see the slush like we had last year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.