making a floor in ice house

• bentzin91

Tryin to save a couple bucks and make a floor for my ice house instead of buyin a new house with one. Just wondering if anyone had ideas or have done something like this.
    thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

1st..welcome to the forum
    2nd..does it have wooden floor in it now ?
    3rd..where are you located ?
    4th..if one doesnt ask questions one cant get the facts

bentzin91

Thank you. I am located in Austin, MN. and no i does not have a floor in it right now its just a Otter lodge 2. And we were just trying to come up with a plan to make a floor to keep our feet out of the slush.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I see now ,it is a flip over shack, I know a guy that made a wooden deck/floor for his flip over shack and cover it totaly with rubberized under coating ,he cut holes 12″ in it to fish through. Just a thought for you

birddog
    Mn.

Yep, I keep a couple pieces of foam/rubber mats in the sled, pieces are about 14″ wide and both pieces span the length of the house. Nice for keeping the feet dry and insulated.

BIRDDOG

bentzin91

hey thanks i will look into that

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

I carry a couple thin rubber flexible truck mud flaps that work good in the bottom of my sled for cushion and I take out to use for a temporary floormat also.Little extra weight but I mostly pull it with the wheeler anyhow.

mrwalleye
    MN

try the commercial door mats that are about 3/8″ thick foam rubber with short carpet on top they are about the same size as a 2 man flip over floor area and don’t freeze down.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.