Lure?

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I am wondering if any of your guys use any summer baits for ice fishing? Just looking for new ideas without having to spend any money. I am thinking for panfish and eyes mostly.

Thanks,

FDR

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Super small hook and a split shot, pretty universal, with quality bait, I’m not sure you “need” much.

Honestly I got a whole box full of stuff, I find my Ratso’s and Genz worm are my go to lures, Found a Genz worm kit at I think Gander for cheap, had a bunch of lures for under $20. Those work nicely for me when the bite is tough.

I think I could do all my ice fishing with those three, and do just fine.

I would like to add some spoons for the ‘eyes, I think you could put together a nice little box for $50. I guess I think of ice stuff more as things I could use in summer, versus summer stuff I could use on the ice.

I did have a little luck on some tube jigs, and some fly fishing flies in winter, otherwise I don’t use much of my summer stuff. I caught some fish, but it didn’t seem to really make my catching any better.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

The zip lure for eyes and northerns work great.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I believe the mini mite is a great year round producer as well!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

When I am ice fishing Pepin I use a lot of the same bait that I will use vertical jigging the river.
    I have had good luck for walleye/sauger with super doos and ringies. Blade baits can be deadly form time to time. Hair and minnow works well.

On a side note, I have had great luck calling in walleyes with blade bait even when they may not hit them. If fish come in to them but do not hit I will drop a smaller finesse bait down to the fish. A lot of the time the fish will hit that bait. Then back to the blade to call in another.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.