Friday walleye blitz

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Seeing as my wonderful place of employment has blessed me with the spectacular hours of 7pm-3am this week I took advantage of being up all night and decided to head to a LOCAL (NOT MILLE LACS) lake I have heard about but never fished. Drove to it and by it last winter but never stopped. Yesterday I hit the solid 5 inches of ice not even having a clue where to start. With only one other set of tracks heading out from shore I followed them, cut a hole and dropped down the flasher….nothing. Then it was time to start making swiss cheese after about 11 holes I found one holding fish in 18 FOW. It was about 7am I put on a crappie minnow and down to the fish it went within seconds I’m reeling in a ten inch walleye so I think I’m on to something and set up shack. I fished for three hours yesterday with only 2 small walleye’s and three nice perch. I went back to the same spot today but about 2 hours earlier (set up by 4:30am) and set up shack instantly I had a 12 inch walleye then nothing until 6:30 am then it was game on. Between 6:30am and 8:30am I iced 13 walleyes ranging from 10 inches to 18 inches the most common was 16 inches, 3 BULL crappies, and 2 nice perch. Oh yeah and there is the one that got away she was pulling drag like a beast and then the hook came loose but we’ve heard it 100 times so I am not going to go on. I had three holes drilled and could only use 1 every time I got the line down the bobber just kept on going. I ended the morning at 9:30am with a total of 16 walleye. The bite completely died at around 9:15am. Man it was fun. Glow colored custom jigs and spins demon jig was the ultimate weapon followed up by a small chart. airplane jig rappala and the ever famous swedish pimple all caught fish. The bigger the fat head the better. The pictures are of a 15 1/2 inch I was by myself in very low light conditions so I didnt take any of the crappies or perch, just take a look youll understand why.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Nice report JJ, What lake was this now…

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Tomorrow I’m bringing the camera

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Nice report JJ. Tell you what tomorrow I’ll Bring the camera. so where did you say you wanted to people to meet you at?

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Hey JJ, long time no see..
    You still got my number, always ready for early ice bonanza!!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Great job on figuring them out!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Got out again yesterday. The bite wasnt as hot but was still there. Yesterday ended with around a dozen walleye, a perch, and a big bull crappie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.