minoqua area first ice report

• Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

after a couple very long days of hunting and no deer seen, we hit the ice. first we went walleye fishing with tip-ups and were very successful as we had about 15-20 flags and around 11 fish iced with 2 keeper walleyes and 1 big perch. the next 2 days were spent crappie fishing on schoolhouse bay on lake minoqua. the first day we caught 7 and missed many more as they were light biters. the 2nd day we were back out there and it started off really slow but the guys with tip-downs were doing really and slaying them. after awhile of hole hopping i was able to get at least 1 crappie out of every hole i fished in and had many more opportunities to catch them, as i lost a bunch at the hole or i just missed them. we were using the size 12 clown gill pill and spikes. i love those gill pills

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks for the fishing report. How much ice did you have? I’m still hunting hopefully I’ll get out next weekend.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

on minoqua we had around 2-4 inches in the bay and on the rainbow we had about 6 inches

bigpike

Nice report! Thanks..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.