marcum color underwater camera?

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

ok i have seen brianK’s post about the marcum camera but i am wondering how much better they actually work in dirty or stained water? last year with my aqua view on the local lakes around here i couldnt even find my reel weeds i had out, yeah they are that stained, is this new camera going to be any better in these conditions? i really dont want to spend that much on it if its not going to work on the lake i fish mostly

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s going to be hard to say Mike.

About the only way a person is going to be able to tell is to try one on your lake.

The Mississippi is starting to clear up, but it’s still dirty and I had my camera below Everts dock a week ago. I could see about 4 feet. To me, that was impressive for this time of year.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have the Marcum 820 and it’s just a gem !!! That large flat panel screen is awesome and the way they’ve packaged the camera, battery and screen is impressive, not to forget they’ve added a video out jack on the front for plugging in a DVR easily. Great piece of equipment from Marcum…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This video using the VS 825c is of walleyes/sauger at Lock and Dam 3, yep the one just up stream of Everts.

The first part (up to 1.41) is in water 26 feet or less. From 1.41 on the camera’s in 50 to 60 feet of water and it really becomes a black and white camera. There is NO light at the dam…and I’m wondering what these fish thought of with this light coming at them!

BTW…Ever wonder why we fish many baits by feeling bottom and then lifting 2 to 4 inches off the bottom??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.