Pool 8 Gills and Crappies 11/29/08

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thursday afternoon while the family was over and I talked with my uncle about ice fishing, i decided I needed to go check out a local hot spot and see how much ice was there. I was a little surprised nobody was fishing but decided to walk down and spud around anyway. I found myself on a nice 3″ of ice everywhere I walked, and also found myself wishing I had a pole or two to further investigate things…
    Today after a late start around noon we finally made it out on the ice, and were greeted with a terrible bite. The fish were tough and the only ones we caught were all under 5″ with the smallest falling under the 2″ mark
    We knew a move was needed to save the day so we loaded the jeep and headed to another spot. This proved to be a good move. From 2:30 to 4:15 my dad and I iced over 30 keeper fish with a lot of bluegills over 8″ and a few nice bonus crappies. Justin came down later on and also iced several nice bluegills. The crappies gladly attacked a swedish pimple 3 feet below the ice. The bigger bluegills were hovering in about 2-3 ft off the bottom in 6-10 ft of water. Overall it was a good time, and we were able to take a nice sample of our fish and send them home with my uncle and aunt who were very thankful to have them. Overall it was a good day and I’m very excited for the week ahead on the ice. With a big northern flashing at the hole for one of Justin’s gills, I’m looking fowrard to getting some tip ups in the hole!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Cade-Who is your Dad sitting on ? By the looks of their hands, they aren’t real comfortable

Nice bunch of fish though

gwastlick
    Viola

PROBABLY UNCLE TERRY!! NICE BUNCH OF FISH AND WERE JUST GETTIN’ STARTED.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Uncle Tom this time, but Terry is going to be coming out a few times this year like he did last year..Its always fun fishing with relatives and sending them home with a bucket of fish! Check out my pics in the general discussion forum, those were shot off Terry’s land..

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Nice report Cade. Feels good to be out on “hard water” again doesn’t it.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice Gills Cade…..Happy Birthday

earnit

AWESOME!! I’m fired up

Happy Birthday

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

AWESOME!! I’m fired up

Happy Birthday

Me too!

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Nice fish….lookin forward to next weekend

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Nice fish Cade!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.