broken genz sticks!

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

whats up with these things? the last 2 years i have opends up my rod bag and each year i have a broken rod, only one rod though and both years it was a genz stick. this last year i even hung my bag up in my garage and nothing hit it so i have no clue how it broke!

sorry just a little upset being i was planing on heading out today and then i find a broken rod

Derek Hanson

I own 8 Genz stix and I have not had one break yet. I noticed that they had a made in China sticker on them when I bought them. Not sure if that has something to with it though.

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

yeah i dont know either other then the blanks seam rather crappy on both of them the eyes were twisted 90 degrees or better, and today i just about twisted them stright again but never felt the actual eyes move so i think it was the blank itself twisting i dont know other then i have one left and we will see next year if that one is messed up i guess

btw whats the warranty on these things, any one know?

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Fishing rods do not break on their own.

You or someone had to break them.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Did you have the line through the eyes and was the line tight when you stored the rod? This could make any rod break.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.