I couldn’t stand it anymore!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

With all of you IH’s (yes that stands for Ice Heads) yaking about ice fishing already!

I set out my thin(er) ice gear and started practicing my ice fishing technique…when the FW came out and snapped a photo while I wasn’t looking…then asked if I was drinking already. It was one of those “what are the neighbors going to think?” type of days.

I said if Bret can drive way fish, I can too…just that he does it in a lawn chair fishing for crappies and I do it on a Glide-Lite fishing for Lake Trout out in the Sioux Narrows.

Anyway, while I was talking with her…I swear I saw a Lake Trout on the camera! It was 22 pounds for sure…and at least two pounds bigger than the little Lakers that James and Scott caught on the TV show. Just lucky for them I had a Purple RATSO on. (Lakers aren’t interested in those.)

After a hard day of fishing, I loaded the gear up into the back of the truck and headed for the 10 foot drive home.

After the gear was put away, I made it into the house just in time to watch the FW put the finishing touches on cooking up my catch.

What a great day to be on the ice…only if it was just in my mind.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.