NW Metro Update

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Got out yesterday for the afternoon. I was headed to the lake and I noticed a pickup with a wheeler following me. No big deal, then we make another turn and to my surprise he followed me to the parking spot. He introduced himself self and says, “are you Kooty?” Well, I’m not sure how I should answer this one. Turns out I got to meet another fine IDA member, GDM.

We decided to hit the lake together to try and find some more bull gills. We setup in the same location as last weekend, but the fish just weren’t active with the bluebird skys. We punched a bunch of holes and kept on the move, however all we were rewarded with was a bunch of small crappies and one 10″ bass, one 7″ gill and 8-10lb pike that sawed GDM off at the hole.

As the evening progressed, the fished started to show themselves in every hole, but they simply would come take a sniff and move on. I’m not sure if the high pressure and cold front had them so negative or my lack of panfish skills. Anyway, it was great to meet another nice member from IDA and enjoy the warm sun on my back.

Let’s do it again in about week!!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sounds like you guys are just at the lull until the big spring feed starts.

At least you are on ice Kooty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.