Quick Dresbach Pool 8 Ice Report 3/02/08

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With only a few hours to fish this morning I headed for Dresbach to see what kind of action the Saugers and Eyes were putting out. Let me tell ya, it was a tough bite.
    I marked fish everywhere from 18fow to 25fow with a lot of lookers and very few takers.
    Every color I had with me today was thrown down at the tight lipped sons a guns with a #7 Black/Gold Jig N Rap tipped with a minnow head being the one bait I was able to convince a few fish to hit.

The flow is at 11300 making it possible to fish #5’s without them taking off to the south.

The nicest fish of the day for me was a 16inch walleye, I did have 3 other nice fish shack me off before getting them to the hole.
    A 3 way rig with a floating orange jig head produced a couple of small saugers. The bite is so light the only way to tell if a fish had picked up the bait on a dead stick was to check it every now and then for dead weight. I ended up keeping a dink sauger that had the jig swallowed to his hind end with out ever moving the tip on a very light rod.

The best part of the day was fishing with WalleyeHunter pictured here with a nice 16 inch walleye. We have met each other in the bait shop a couple of times but it was cool to see him on the ice when I arrived Thanks for the company

The ice is starting to get soft on top but there was still a good amount of it. With the cold temps predicted for this week things should firm back up making it time for creepers once again this year Kind of cool to actually still have ice in March

Good luck fishing people

Bret

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.