Limited success Pool 11

• earnit

well, the day started off bright and early. However fishing was the last thing on my mind! My wife was up most of the night not feeling well, so I was up early with the kids, trying to keep them busy so the wife could try and get some rest.

By mid-morning I got the OK to head out! I started on Pool 10 in a favorite spot. I got late word (as I was driving out of town) that a buddy did okay last night, so I headed there! After almost 2 hours of fishing, and only 1 gill, I thought it was time to head to a different area.

While walking off, I met a couple of guys that got word that NOTHING was happening at the 2 areas I had in mind to hit next. I actually said, “well, maybe I’ll surprise my wife by being home early”

I was set to head home. A quick thought crossed my mind to call Jeff Jensen to see how he was doing. I knew he was out in an area that was off the beaten path, further South on Pool 11. He said he iced 2 decent fish, and was just getting started.

Jeff was kind enough to invite me to join up. Upon my arrival I found him set up on almost 10FOW….with many holes already drilled. The flasher was quick to mark fish! These things were glued to the bottom! A lot of work went into just trying to raise them up.

I had a few race to my cecil that were sure to nail it. But then they would just turn away! I was lucky enough to coax a few into hitting. Some decent fish! The ones I’m holding in the 3 pictures are both 12+!!

Thanks Jeff! Always a good time fishing with ya!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.