Caught some Gills

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Myself, fellow IDO Members, 4Paul and Schrumy, headed to an Ottertail County lake this morning. We went to a haunt, that we had good luck at last year, although we are about 2 weeks early. We set up, and after dropping the camera, too many weeds… we moved about 75 yards and re-set. After about 20 minutes, of seeing nothing, a large northern cruised by the camera. A minute later Schrumy hooked a small hammer handle, and I caught it. I caught it on the camera cord We seen lots of gills, but they would scatter, as the northerns were cruising pretty regularly. When the school would move in, we would pluck a few, and then the northerns would return, and send em packing. We seen 1 walleye and one bass on camera too. All in all, it was a good day on the ice. I ran the Buddy Heater in the X2, until about 2:00, when the sun started getting lower in the horizon, it was time for the sunflower. We will hit this lake again, in a couple weeks, and we are gonna bring some tip-ups, and try to keep the northerns away from our spot !!! Thanks 4Paul & Schrumy, for a great day of fishing We ended up with about 30 gills and one nice crappie. Pictured is Schrumy with his crappie and a big gill and a picture of his batch.

big g

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.