Strangest thing

• tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

I was out on the big pond last weekend and had a first. We were fishing toward the mouth of Isle bay for a few hours and not much to show for it and moved out toward the main lake more off of the point and came across some weird ice conditions.
    Even though the ice was around 18 inches there was an additional 8 inches of broken chunks of ice under neath. You would drill down normally and then at the end of the hole the auger would bogg way down and start hoping. Then chunks of ice would start coming out of the hole. When you stick the camera down you would see a bunch of jagged edges underneath the ice that looked like broken glass shards. Has anyone every witnessed this. It made fishing very difficult without an extention. The vexilar would have a tough time because the hole wasnt comletely clean and when you would catch something the hole would fill up with ice chunks. Really bizaar. I dont know if it was because of late ice and all the slush. Im 30 and Ive been ice fishing for over 20 years and cant remember something like this before. My Mille Lacs expierence is at maybe 10 ice fishing trips so maybe this is a normal occurence out there.

Any comments would be great.

Good luck with the rest of the season

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.