Hot Summer?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Definitely were due for this type of summer after all the wet ones. Our cabin lawn is fried. Just like it was the first couple summers after we bought it 15 years ago.

That is a good point. Seems to me the last few summers have had lots of rain… and usually on the weekends doah

Unbelievably common on weekends. I hated it.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

What is with this site??? Total crapshoot if your post will go through or not for me lately. I’ve quoted and copied and pasted and re-tried different ways about 7 times now. Ridiculous

Been an ongoing problem for months now. ive narrowed it down to when you try to quote somebody. The mods have been alerted to it but not sure if any steps have been taken to try and fix it. As you can see by me quoting you sometimes it works

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Lots of sandbars sticking out this summer. Dog is loving it. I’m enjoying testing out how shallow of water my boat can run. Was going to spend some money on a riding lawn mower but no need for that. And the fish ate still biting.

Good summer so far.

Attachments:
    1. 20210723_175820-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Lots of sandbars sticking out this summer. Dog is loving it. I’m enjoying testing out how shallow of water my boat can run. Was going to spend some money on a riding lawn mower but no need for that. And the fish ate still biting.

Good summer so far.

waytogo great picture!!!!!!!!!

CaptainMusky

This weather is horrible. The rain continues to go around where we live. Last week there were two cells and my house sat right in between them. My neighbor went into town and it was pouring a quarter mile away but nothing here. We did get .35″ on Friday night, but that isnt going to cut it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This weather is horrible. The rain continues to go around where we live. Last week there were two cells and my house sat right in between them. My neighbor went into town and it was pouring a quarter mile away but nothing here. We did get .35″ on Friday night, but that isnt going to cut it.

I am in complete agreement with this, and it downright sucks. This is a southern US weather pattern. Large parts of Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee have only seen a couple days above 90 degrees this entire summer so far. The entire northeast has been almost completely inundated with rain in July. Boston and New York have recorded almost 15 inches of rain this month. Arizona has recorded a lower average temperature than we have in the past week too and they are the freakin’ desert. bawling

CaptainMusky

My buddy in Texas is up to his ears in rain too. They have been trying to start a big addition to their fabrication business, but everything has been so wet. They FINALLY got concrete poured for the new customer parking and are moving on to the new shop. Its been delayed for months. He has had to turn away work because he was expecting this project to have been done by now. Now he went and leased an empty shop nearby to try and pick up capacity.
    His business is exploding and even has contracts with the likes of Tesla so you can see why he is major stressed!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Good summer so far.

what type/brand of boat is that Mike?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>

Good summer so far.

what type/brand of boat is that Mike?

Looks like a Lowe

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yep. Lowe tiller deluxe.

Sharon
    SE Metro

This thread title keeps making me think of the song “Hot Summer Day” by the group called It’s A Beautiful Day. Excellent song.

“They told me that the sun turned green
    I said I didn’t know
    And they told me that the moon turned blue
    I said it didn’t show
    And they told me that I looked a fool
    And I said I’d let that go
    But when they told me that our love was dead
    I had to turn and go
    Oh love
    Love
    Love
    Love
    Love
    Where did you go?”

glenn57
    cold spring mn

grin

Attachments:
    1. fish-mask2.jpg

Deuces

With these high water temps it’s worth trying out a dam popsicle with a treble for these fish.

*note to self patent fish shaped popsicles

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man did we ever get a nice rain. still not done but by my water buckets, its at least an inch.

sure hope it pushed this extreme heat out…………..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

man did we ever get a nice rain. still not done but by my water buckets, its at least an inch.

Supposed to be wonderful after today. Long stretch of NOT HOT.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Supposed to be wonderful after today. Long stretch of NOT HOT.

i can dig it!!!!!!! yay yay but it sure is ughly out there no. feel sorry for anyone that has to work in theis crap.

CaptainMusky

Lucky! I got .03″. Thunder and lightning all around us, but nothing much.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Heads up

Attachments:
    1. 13A7D9DE-18EF-4AAD-8F85-8F79AED36DFE.png

ThunderLund78

5/8″ inch from this morning’s rain for us in the far south metro. Maybe more storms tonight. Hopefully green the grass up a little but need a lot more. My extended forecast shows great temps but very little rain.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lucky! I got .03″. Thunder and lightning all around us, but nothing much.

2/10 here. So basically enough to get the ground wet. Got very dark and saw a nice line of heavy rain coming from the northwest that petered out before it got here. Weather terrorism I tell you. flame

stout93
    Becker MN

In my area, today is by far the worst smoke and smell (from the fires) all summer.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

In my area, today is by far the worst smoke and smell (from the fires) all summer.

same here in Stearns county, but I’ll take this over what we had yesterday. crazy

On the 10 pm news last night they showed a map of all wildfires in the US and Canada, there are a whole lot of them

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So, the temp is approx. 13 degrees less than yesterday, HOWEVER, between the humidity and that terrible smoke its not much better out there. jester
    I really noticed the air quality today while mowing the lawn. I could feel something wasn’t right. Careful pushing yourselves outdoors today!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

between the humidity and that terrible smoke its not much better out there

Ungodly hot and humid or canadian smoke. Plus it almost never rains. Its like we’re living on the red planet.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    between the humidity and that terrible smoke its not much better out there

Ungodly hot and humid or canadian smoke. Plus it almost never rains. Its like we’re living on the red planet.

It’s the government conditioning us to be relocated.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’m getting pretty sick of it myself. Ready for a nice LONG fall…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s the government conditioning us to be relocated.

Lol we’re gonna colonize Mars huh

LabDaddy1

I wonder if the drought here has anything to do with the heat or other atmospheric changes from the forest fires? I’m no meteorologist

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its official. Minnesota had its hottest calendar summer (June-August) on record. At least we seem to have made a dent in the drought conditions. Most of central MN that was in extreme drought (red) has been lowered to severe or moderate drought now. I wasn’t living here in 1988, but apparently it was worse this summer. There is beneficial rain moving in from the west too.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/09/01/consistent-heat-and-warm-nights-drove-our-hottest-summer-on-record

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I wasn’t living here in 1988, but apparently it was worse this summer.

The 88-89 winter was also brutal, not sure how it stacked up overall snowfall-wise, but I remember we had some wicked blizzards. We lived on a hobby farm, and had drifts plowed up to the barn roof. I was little, but remember we had the most epic snowforts ever jester

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.