Hot Summer?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The last Rain Missed the Saint cloud area totally. I hoped we would get a decent amount from it. I have friends slightly to the North here who have had less than 2.5″ of rain so far for the whole spring and summer. That is on top of almost no snow run off from the winter. Some lakes are in real rough shape. Other lakes you can hardly notice a difference. I think the size of the lake is the Key. I think its much more noticeable on the smaller lakes. I was out to clearwater lake a week or so ago and nothing seemed different. Other smaller lakes we have been fishing its real noticeable for sure. As far as it being hotter than normal. It sure seems so to me. Like other have said. The amount of sunny days seems way higher. Then there is the lack of wind as well. It seems like I’ve fished sunny sky’s and no or very little wind a ton of days so far this year.

milemark_714

SE part of WI is very dry,go south about 50 miles and no drought.Many areas get too much,and others nothing.This last rain will be it for awhile,and then the ban on outdoor fires will spread rapidly.

Still amazed on how many truck drivers still chuck lit smokes out the window,watched a dump truck driver chuck a stogie the other day.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I do agree the lack of heavy humidity has kinda offset the high temps and made it much more tolerable

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fish kills starting to happen

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if tulibees started to float up to the surface of Mille Lacs here any day now.

lindyrig79

Looks like a blazin hot weekend and 90s stay well into next week doah

tim hurley

Fish kills are so sad, could use a cool day with strong wind.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Looks like a blazin hot weekend and 90s stay well into next week doah

yea this weather stinks……..where’s the ice!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Had to put a jacket on this morning when I was fishing off the dock.
    61 degrees in Outing. The no Humidity makes it feel cool.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Had to put a jacket on this morning when I was fishing off the dock.
    61 degrees in Outing. The no Humidity makes it feel cool.

been hearing that on the news that the temp differences in the northern part of the state is way cooler…..and nicer then the southern part.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

About time we have a warm summer, a little more rain would be nice during the week but it has been a great summer so far.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Definitely were due for this type of summer after all the wet ones. Our cabin lawn is fried. Just like it was the first couple summers after we bought it 15 years ago.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently this is the hottest summer (june – august) since 1988 now in terms of average temperature in MN. That can obviously change because we still have just over a month left so we could get a cooler than average August and drop the average. I don’t see that happening though.

I wasn’t living here in 1988 so I can’t comment on that particular year. Apparently there were 44 days over 90 degrees that summer.

lindyrig79

This is getting a little ridiculous. Pulled up to my dock on Mille Lacs this weekend and totally bottomed out. Won’t be usable in a couple weeks if this keeps up.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Pulled up to my dock on Mille Lacs this weekend and totally bottomed out. Won’t be usable in a couple weeks if this keeps up.

I hear you. I dropped our boat in on our lake in west central MN on Friday, and the FW made it about 20 yards before I heard the dreaded sound of my new prop hitting a big rock. That’s #2 on the year for me. I went and scouted the next day and found two large rocks near the landing that I had never noticed before.

Oour friends invited us over to their lake home in the cities, but knowing the landing and how shallow their dock is, I won’t even try to drop in there. (

I’m dreading trying to get the pontoon off the lift if we don’t get some rain.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The Harbor Bar’s harbor is an Arrowhead plant mecca.
    Yesterday the Red Wing gauge was at 1.92′, close to the lowest I’ve ever seen.

The 3rd (or first) wing dam seems like it stretches to the center of the river on the dam side of the Y on Pool 4. The shad are blowing up the water’s surface on the WI side all around the HUGE sandbar.

On another note, they were talking about cattle on the radio the other day. Opening up public lands to make hay with because of the shortage. Farmers that sold this years wheat over the winter will have to buy wheat to fill their contracts. The one farmer that was interview said that “there’s always the Federal Crop Insurance”.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I heard the dreaded sound of my new prop hitting a big rock. That’s #2 on the year for me.

The prop business is THRIVING this season. I took a prop in to be refinished last month and the wait was more than twice as long as it normally is. They’re completely swamped right now.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The prop business is THRIVING this season. I took a prop in to be refinished last month and the wait was more than twice as long as it normally is. They’re completely swamped right now.

Yup, I’ll be dropping one off tomorrow. I’m glad I have a backup.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

No offense to anyone that likes this weather, but personally I’m ready for snow!!!

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Back in ’88 there were rocks exposed on Minnetonka that I or my friend who grew up on the lake had never seen before. I have a picture of a huge rock that usually has 1-2 feet of water over it almost totally out of the ice. There were shallow areas that are normally 3-4 feet deep totally out of water. I still have a metal rudder from an inboard boat that I picked up off of one of these shallow areas. Boat drivers who can’t read buoys would would cut inside a shore buoy and the lake got low enough where they started to hit bottom. Rocks with prop scars on top of them and also some bits of aluminum.

Before the water came up I told him we need to take a day and go around the lake and mark all these rocks. He couldn’t go the first weekend and it rained a few inches the next week. Couldn’t go the next weekend either and it rain a few more inches. The water came up and submerged the vast majority of these rocks. Lost our chance.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

No offense to anyone that likes this weather, but personally I’m ready for snow!!!

Snow? You have offended me! rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Snow? You have offended me! rotflol

whistling whistling wave

Deuces

Hot summer?

#hotgirlsummer

Y’all fishing for the wrong species lol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hot summer?

#hotgirlsummer

Y’all fishing for the wrong species lol

whats the limit on them???? and size restrictions?? devil

not thinking my wife would approve of catching any!!!!!!! rotflol whistling

lindyrig79

I’m coach for my sons soccer team and just dreading it tonight. And looks even worse for Wednesday. I am sweating just standing still.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Been spending a lot of mornings at the splash pads around town with the kiddos. Going out EARLY tomorrow morning before it get’s nasty to try and find some big bass. Definitely wearing the swim trunks so I can jump in every hour or so.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

And looks even worse for Wednesday

Wednesday may end up being the hottest and muggiest day of the entire summer. Heat index values are projected to top 105. God help us flame

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    And looks even worse for Wednesday

Wednesday may end up being the hottest and muggiest day of the entire summer. Heat index values are projected to top 105. God help us flame

yep snow is looking good right about now!!! devil waytogo woot mrgreen

LabDaddy1

Definitely were due for this type of summer after all the wet ones. Our cabin lawn is fried. Just like it was the first couple summers after we bought it 15 years ago.

That is a good point. Seems to me the last few summers have had lots of rain… and usually on the weekends doah

LabDaddy1

What is with this site??? Total crapshoot if your post will go through or not for me lately. I’ve quoted and copied and pasted and re-tried different ways about 7 times now. Ridiculous

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.