Hot Summer?

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Has already seemed warm and looking at this week’s forecast.. mid 90s in Brainerd? Holy buckets

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lol I was going to start a similar thread when I saw the forecast next weekend.

I was hoping to avoid searing heat until July. No such luck.

The heat index looks to near 100 on Saturday. Make sure your AC is working!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Thankfully my wife’s relative planned an outdoor wedding for this Saturday during early summer to “avoid the heat.” rotflol

I’ve tried convincing my wife to have us opt out and that I’d pay for the plates of food we missed and add to the gift. Instead, we could park the tritoon on an island for the day with a chair in the water.

So far, she’s not buying it. I’m rooting for 110 degrees now so I can play the “I told you so” card if she doesn’t change her mind.

FryDog62

Has already seemed warm and looking at this week’s forecast.. mid 90s in Brainerd? Holy buckets

Yep, and I’m fishing a tournament in Brainerd on Saturday so this should be interesting..

Charles

Frydog62 what Tourney?

We have a club tournament starting Saturday for Brainerd Bass Club, going to be fun lol.

FryDog62

Frydog62 what Tourney?

We have a club tournament starting Saturday for Brainerd Bass Club, going to be fun lol.

Actually I’m in a charity tournament – Minnesota Fishing Challenge on Gull…

Charles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Charles wrote:</div>
    Frydog62 what Tourney?

Actually I’m in a charity tournament – Minnesota Fishing Challenge on Gull…

Ah dang it, I forgot about that one.

Deuces

Fish morning and evenings, water play during the day.

Hot summer days are the 💣💣💣

Adam Steffes

My plan is to fish the morning, work a half day from “the office” then fish 6-dark…then replace the work with playing with the kids, pulling tubes and skiers and all that on the weekends. Bring on the nice weather.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Yep, and I’m fishing a tournament in Brainerd on Saturday so this should be interesting..

I thought you love the searing heat????? I’ll be in my bunker this weekend hiding. got at least 16-20 hours fishing last weekend fighting the boat traffic so I’m good.

lindyrig79

I’ll be on the water. Definitely bringing the tube up and planning to swim midday

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ll be in my bunker this weekend hiding.

Lol this is generally what I do too when we get these awful jungle-like days of humidity. I hide in my air conditioned basement and only venture out in the morning.

Last season I tried some night time fishing but didn’t do it until July. It was very effective. Seems a little early but it may be worth trying again soon now.

mrpike1973

Going as early as I can get up done by 11am then maybe after 6 pm for a couple hours. Got heat stroke years ago never the same again. I need to relax some and get some other stuff done anyway.

mnfisherman18

Just saw the forecast climbed to 100 on Saturday in Battle lake… Not sure what that is going mean for Muskie opener.

stout93
    Becker MN

Love MN, but the weather is an absolute joke.

90 degrees the week before last.

30 degrees last weekend and lost all our tomatos, peppers, pumpkins and potatos.

100 degrees this weekend and will probably lose some of our meat chickens that are one week away from processing. We specifically got our meat birds a month earlier than last year to avoid the July heat.

Rain is almost non existent so will be watering the many gardens and fields we have constantly over the next few weeks. Lawn (no sprinkler system) will go dormant.

Not sure how farmers do it to be honest…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure how farmers do it to be honest…

Crop insurance bails them out a lot. Right now the price of corn and soybeans is sky high so as long as we get at least some rain every once in a while they will gather quite a profit when harvest rolls around.

I get what you are saying though. At the mercy of Mother Nature.

queenswake
    NULL

I won’t complain because I know it’s MN and the hot weather won’t last forever. Unlike places in the south where it’s 90 and humid from May to Oct.

Also, the beer NEVER tastes better than on these hot days. Iced down beer in a huge cooler is just the best.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Where do you make this stuff up?

Its not made up. Its true. I have relatives that collect it every season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

No shortage of shady folks i guess.

We are in agreement on this one. I don’t approve of it and have made my opinion known to them on the subject too.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

You can’t choose your family

lindyrig79

We already have Deer Flies. Typically don’t see them until the end of June or July doah

ThunderLund78

Well, per my topic on dirt, I will be out in it this weekend shoveling to get my driveway to done. Going to try and get dirt on Friday afternoon so I can get up early and hopefully get a lot done before it gets too hot. A beer out of the garage fridge will taste darn good when it’s done. If it gets unbearable I will go stock up on some things for an upcoming fishing trip.

Jensen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Its not made up. Its true. I have relatives that collect it every season.

No shortage of shady folks i guess.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Absolutely true.

stout93
    Becker MN

Central MN forecast for the next 12 days, yes the next 12 days in a row calls for temps into the 90s (a few of those days high 80s).

Has this even happened in July/August before?

Like I said, MN weather is a f’cking joke. Anyone that says we have the best weather is lying to you.

(ranting…)

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like beach season on the Croix is starting early this year. Spotted the 1st bikini of the year almost a month ago. For me the cold of the winter goes hand in hand with hot summer days. Just wouldn’t be right without the other.

And there have been hot summer days forever. I remember a summer in the late 80s where it reached over 100 often. My Grandparents talked about back in the 30s that city parks where filled at night with people sleeping in them trying to escape the heat.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Oh you guys will survive, I get the pleasure of working out side all day. I dont see the out door workers getting away with hiding in the ac and complaining on how hot it is.
    I hate the heat more and more as I get older. But I love me some bikini weather

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>
    Anyone that says we have the best weather is lying to you.

Who the hell has ever said that before?

Guess I should have said best seasons, best summers…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.