Shelterlogic storage shelter?

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Anyone out there have one of the shelterlogic fabric storage shelters sold at Mendards, Northern,etc? If so, How’s it holding up? I bought a new boat this spring and was planning on building a second garage or pole shed for boat storage, but unfortunately, my truck crapped the bed and I needed to get a new one of those, so my boat storage buildling money disappeared . so…..I’m thinking about trying out one of these fabric shelters for now to house either the truck or the boat for the winter.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My parents made it less than 1 year out in SD. The wind killed it.

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Menards also sells versa tube steel car ports. The 12×20 is about $600. I’m also trying to find something reasonably priced to store my new boat for the winter. I can’t seem to make up my mind what to do.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I’m looking at the 12X26 for my pontoon up at the cabin. Would set it up right next to the garage so one side would be protected. The garage has a seven foot door so the boat wont fit, $1800 to change to a 8′ and about $2500 for a bunk trailer. Can’t do that right now.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

The boat in your avatar looks like a nice rig. I would not trust it in a cheap menards temp shelter.

Either rent storage or if you do not use the boat in the winter consider having it shrink wrapped.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Quote:

The boat in your avatar looks like a nice rig. I would not trust it in a cheap menards temp shelter.

Either rent storage or if you do not use the boat in the winter consider having it shrink wrapped.

Well; that’s the whole point of my post, is to gauge if these are trustworthy enough. I have no experience, so hoping others would. Based on the first reply, it doesn’t sound too good. My other options are to leave the boat in the garage and park the truck outside for the winter….done it before, get the boat wrapped and leave it outside (not thrilled about this option), or to store it. I do like to fish late winter/early spring on the Miss, so I need it to be handy. It might just trump the truck for the inside parking spot. A vehicle can handle outdoor storage much better than the boat I’m sure.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

The shelter I have says it is not snow rated. So the shelter will be coming down and the boat going to the farm for the winter. Todays wind really rattled the top but it stood up just fine I have those 18″ screw in the ground anchors to hold it down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.