Fish Replicas

• SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I’ve had this project in my head for several years that involves a piece of wood burl that is sort of a family heirloom that was passed down to me by my dad. I’ve wanted to do something special with it so it could be displayed for people to see so I decided to make it part of a fish mount. I’ve also always wanted a spawning Kokanee salmon mount so I put these two ideas together. I am more than excited about how it turned out. The quality of the paint job is phenomenal. Ken at the FishMountStore did a great job if any of you have been wanted a fish replica. https://www.fishmountstore.com/

Attachments:
    1. Kokanee.jpg

Ice Cap

Wow that’s gorgeous! You’re Dad would be proud of what you did with that piece of wood!

Iowaboy1

SWEET !!!
    that is a dandy job Dave!!

forty years ago had IDO existed then that fish would of been on the whats for supper thread and the wood tossed in the wood burning stove.
    sad part is I had to look up what burl was,now that I know,we burnt a fortunes worth of that stuff from hickory’s,oak,maple,, doah doah doah

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Thanks, I was so worried that I’d shell out a load of money and get a poor finish. A picture just can’t do justice to how beautiful it looks in person.

Deuces

Never told a man this before, but I really wish I could see your wood in person.

Beautiful.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

That turned out awesome Dave… Good choice.

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

Very nice Dave. Something to be proud of.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.