Favorite Camping Meals

How’s it going everyone, we’re a small product development company based in Providence, RI. We’re working on a travel cutting board for camping, taking out on the boat, or just in your backyard. We’re working on a campfire cookbook to go with the cutting board. The idea is to be able to bring the ingredients in a brown paper bag, something biodegradable or reusable in an attempt to stop so much packaging waste from prepackaged, freeze dried, and dehydrated food being brought/left outdoors. Obviously food needs to be stored safely but that depend on everyone specific trip and their needs we’re just looking for simple recipes.

I’m reaching out to find out some of your favorite recipes to cook when you’re outdoors, the more details the better. Anything goes, just looking for your go to/favorite meals when you’re outdoors.

We’re a small company it’s just my partner and I we’d really appreciate everyones advice! I’ve attached a photo of our prototype to give some reference.

Thanks,
    Corwin

Attachments:
    1. Boards59_1.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Restaurants have had them for years.

Thanks for thinking of the environment. Best of luck with the project.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Are you catering to the backpacking, hunting,camping or fishing crowd? Each has their own
    Needs, like high carbs, low carbs. My family’s camping trips would not go without the chicken, cream soup and vegetables foil packet dinners. If I were backpacking, that kind of a meal would not be possible.

Chomps,

That’s a great point, everyone certainly has their own specific needs which is why we’re reaching out to a bunch of different outdoors communities. From campers, to hikers, to hunters. We’d like to have some variety in the cook book, but we’re really just looking for simple meals that people like making when they’re outdoors!

Thanks for the reply!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We eat good out in the “field”. Almost always grill steaks along with other meats. We’ve grilled steaks camping, in a boat, ice fishing, or over an open fire. Our meals are typically meat-heavy, followed by some type of simple vegetable. But also we usually have a kitchen box, with a variety of pans, utensils, and spices. Best of luck with the project.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.