2010 Hound Hunt

• Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Here are a couple pictures of some of the bears we have harvested so far this year during the Wisconsin hound season. 2 were shot on the ground. A 232# sow and a 313# boar. We also had a young girl take a 146# sow that was treed. We have also treed another 10 that we have left to run another day. Pictures are of the 313# boar, 146# sow and a young boar we let go to run another day.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats! All the smiles speak for themselves!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Congrats! All the smiles speak for themselves!

x2

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

WTG bearplotts!!! You in one of them pictures??? Nothing here yet from the west side of Minocqua…

Still got Dad out given’r almost everyday. Bears just have really slowed down. Not sure if its the cold weather, acorns, too much water, the loggers went away or what, but…

Can’t get ’em if you ain’t in the tree. Congrats to my 82 YO father for keeping at it!!! I hope the good Lord gives him a present for his steadfastness during this season!!!

Mark

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

I am the guy in the group pic right in the middle with the white shirt. Right above the young lady that made the shot.

Good luck Mark!!! Persistence will pay off.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Nice work! Looks like a real rewarding season !

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Mark. Do you know the Bootjack group from up that way? I heard they got a 697# dressed last weekend. Wow!!!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

congrats!

JacobNohner

Looks fun A coon hunt on steroids

lick

Great stuff Bearplots Thanks for sharing and congrats to you and the lucky hunters

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

plotts:

I am certainly aware of their presence in that area and knew that they had a few tags to fill. I talked with my friends from out there and they put up a dressed 304# sow for a 14 YO girl that had her first tag this year. I think they have a couple of tags to run with until season’s end and I think that if my guys aren’t able to get, they may include them the final weekend.

So far I have heard of the 700+ over by Shawano, another 700 west of us and that could have been the bear story Slop put up. Another 633# Woman with 633# Bear (click on the pic, it enlarges) short story here and this morning they reported an eleven year old shot another 700#+ bear in the last day or so (11 Year Old w/ Big Bear).

More later, Gotta go!!!

Mark

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Awesome! I keep saying that someday I’ll get over there and run bears.

DaveD1
    Eastern Iowa

Looks like fun was had by all. Congrats!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.