Adventure trip

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

With winter setting is anybody planning any trips for next summer either family vacation, bucket trip fishing trip, roadtrip?

Personally I’m still toying with the idea of buying a touring motorcycle. If I do I think a trip west to Seattle on Hwy 2 across the top of the country might be the first trip. Doing that I could stop for Pike trips at Lake Sakakawea, Ft. Peck Reservoir, Coeur d’Alene Idaho. I would bring my passport in case Canada opened and maybe pop up into British Columbia.

Just something to think and dream about while watching the snow come down. smile

bigpike

B.C. would be the way to go. Hit the Canadien Rockys in August: Banff through Jasper. Take time for a trip on the glaciers. Between the rockys and Okanagan Valley is the Kicking Horse River. Best whitewater rafting in Canada and well worth the adventure. Then drive too and through Okanagan valley, take time for a good winery. Mission Hill is the best one but there are others like it. Incredible tour and very good wine. Then wander over to Vancouver along the coast north. Ferry over to Vancouver Island then cruise across the island to Tofino. Stop along the way for fresh sockeye salmon from the natives. They will be running at that time. Then down to Victoria. Thank me when you get back

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I would like to go to on safari in Africa. I had planned for the summer of 2021, but this got chucked out when the pandemic hit and I have no idea when we’ll be able to get back on track.

The problem is going to be now there will be two entire seasons of clients who will be trying to get spots when travel is again permitted, most likely in the 2023 season. At that point everyone who had bookings in 2020 and 2021 will be trying to book spots, so we’ll have to see if there is any availability.

I would also like to go to South America to shoot birds. I’m less into the high volume doves (but who could go and NOT do at least some dove shooting?) and more interested in pigeon, perdiz, and waterfowl. Promises to be an awesome trip when I can go.

Of course, I also want to get back to Camp Kendall in the Canadian sub-arctic. This camp was owned by the late forum member KWP (Kendall Palmer) and it was his pride and joy. It will be difficult to go back the first time ast the last time I was there, it was with him. But this camp has great meaning for both me and for his familly and so I want to keep it going.

Grouse

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We cancelled a Florida trip that we’ll be taking once we get a lid on COVID. We never told the kids about the trip, so it’ll be a nice surprise.

Both kids are way into sharks, and I had a shark fishing trip booked, so I’m excited for that, as well as surfing lessons.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Me and the FW are contemplating the same (pretty close) trip except on the Canadian Transcontinental Railroad.

Deuces

Only adventure I want is hitting 2-3 bars in one night.

Will be taking kids somewhere warm this winter if conditions are right.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We’re heading to California for a vacation late February (before Spring Break chaos of travelers). We’re assuming the Covid situation will be more stable by then. My wife was told to plan to have the first round of an approved vaccine before Christmas with her heading a hospital floor that’s currently at Covid capacity.

Beyond California, mainly just some family things here and there to cabins, relatives, concerts, etc. We try to spend every moment possible on the river being only a couple miles away. Filling the tritoon with friends and relatives on the weekends will be a nice return to normal.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I would like to go to on safari in Africa. I had planned for the summer of 2021, but this got chucked out when the pandemic hit and I have no idea when we’ll be able to get back on track.

The problem is going to be now there will be two entire seasons of clients who will be trying to get spots when travel is again permitted, most likely in the 2023 season. At that point everyone who had bookings in 2020 and 2021 will be trying to book spots, so we’ll have to see if there is any availability.

I would also like to go to South America to shoot birds. I’m less into the high volume doves (but who could go and NOT do at least some dove shooting?) and more interested in pigeon, perdiz, and waterfowl. Promises to be an awesome trip when I can go.

Of course, I also want to get back to Camp Kendall in the Canadian sub-arctic. This camp was owned by the late forum member KWP (Kendall Palmer) and it was his pride and joy. It will be difficult to go back the first time ast the last time I was there, it was with him. But this camp has great meaning for both me and for his familly and so I want to keep it going.

Grouse

We did the safari trip awhile back and it was epic. A few days in Cape Town hanging in the city and then a few days on safari. It’s worth time on the Cape because the history and culture should be experienced. Also went cage diving with great whites. It’s a lifetime kind of trip that is absolutely worth it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Holy snikey…. I was just gonna take a drive. frown

snelson223
    Austin MN

We usually go to Reel Em Inn lodge on L.O.W. and we are all bummed out that we didn’t get to go this year. It’s fun staying out on the Island with a group of great friends and having all the meals prepared.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Holy snikey…. I was just gonna take a drive. frown

Made me laugh. My adventures are at a campsite in VNP several times a year. $20 a night and never a dull moment.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Planning a trip to the fab 5 in Utah, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonlands National Parks. 10-14 days of hiking and exploring.
    The family goes to many National parks a year.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I’d like to go visit my son in Germany. Went with the family and SIL in 2019, was supposed to go this year by myself, so he and I could spend some quality time together. Hopefully next year,,,,,

HRG

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

This summer I went on a roadtrip all through Montana to check it out, just cause I had never been. Goal was to do some rainbow trout and kokanee salmon fishing, had great success for both. Got to sight see and check out some neat breweries in Billings, Bozeman, and Missoula. Beautiful country.

If I’m able, next summers plan will be dragging my little 14 ft boat to a remoter part of Ontario looking for some deep backcountry walleyes. Back up plan may be looking for a spot around the NW angle where I could camp and safely fish in my little boat.

This along with a few trips to the BWCA, a big 2 wk long outwest hunting trip in the fall, weekend trips to the cabin, and my annual trips to Ontario and Leech.

I’m a lucky guy smirk

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Every where I go its an adventure.
    I really want to get in to Canada and do some big pike fishing and crappies.
    Always wanted to road trip through Montana and Utah and see those areas but I honestly can’t stand driving that much.

I still go to crane alot and put on tons of miles through that chain. Its always fun and we will be doing it alot this summer.

deertracker

Might head down to the cities at some point. waytogo
    DT

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Might head down to the cities at some point. waytogo
    DT

Overrated. I live in Maple Grove and rarely venture inside the 494/694 loop. 😂

Timmy

Planning on a boat trip around Isle Royale this coming summer. I have seen most of it, but want to see the remainder. Sprinkle just a little fishing in and it should be a nice long weekend.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Mrs KFK and I are planning a 10 day rode trip to the Grand Canyon some time the end of April.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I hope to get back to our annual fishing trip for Big Pike in Canada. I also promised my Daughter we would take her someplace fun for a graduation Gift. For some reason she wants to go to the Maldives – That is not happening. I could be talked into a trip to the Turks and Caicos Island area though.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Baby #2 due in January has put off any big trips for a while, although I’m sure that will be a trip in and of itself! Can’t wait!

Beyond that I’m just waiting to see where @MattMoen needs me to come drink his beer and lift his trophies into the boat next, I’m hoping it’s as nice as Puerto Rico was! jester jester

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

We cancelled a Florida trip that we’ll be taking once we get a lid on COVID. We never told the kids about the trip, so it’ll be a nice surprise.

Both kids are way into sharks, and I had a shark fishing trip booked, so I’m excited for that, as well as surfing lessons.

Careful what you wish for fishing sharks in Florida……. My son wanted to catch sharks on our guided trip to the keys. Neither of us thought we’d be tying into 300-400 lb Bull sharks as fast as we could reel them in…… We were spent after this adventure!

Attachments:
    1. 400-lb-bull-shark.jpg

2. 350-lb-bull-shark.jpg

3. Ben-fighting-big-bull-shark.jpg

4. 100_0008.jpg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Baby #2 due in January has put off any big trips for a while, although I’m sure that will be a trip in and of itself! Can’t wait!

Beyond that I’m just waiting to see where @MattMoen needs me to come drink his beer and lift his trophies into the boat next, I’m hoping it’s as nice as Puerto Rico was! jester jester

Sea of Cortez chasing huge tuna and rooster fish! I’ll meet you down there next June.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.