Yeti Cuts Ties With NRA

• skinnywater

Some more detail would probably help if one was to form an opinion on the matter. Technically, it is with the NRA Foundation and not the NRA (I get it’s the same entity).

Suppose they just decided not to donate some goods for the year and someone at the NRA got butthurt? Weird article

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

From a business owner perspective, I can’t blame Yeti and the other businesses that want to get as far away from the NRA as possible right now. Add to that the gawdawful comments coming from so-called 2nd Amendment supporters like Laura Ingram and I can’t blame Yeti or any other business from wanting to get away from the dumpster fire.

To be honest, even as an NRA member, I find their cringe-worthy spokeswoman Dana Loesch to be batsh!t crazy and a TERRIBLE representative for gun owners. This woman first off IS nuts, and she makes gun owners look nuts. The entire media and communications arm of the NRA needs to be fired. Their bungling of the tone and messaging over the past year has been nothing short of awful and the best weapon the gun ban lovers have has been Loesch.

Given this terrible PR that the NRA itself has created, why would ANY business outside of maybe a gun maker want to have anything to do with the NRA? With every sponsor dropping out there have been calls for a boycott and it never happens because I think many gun owners do NOT agree with the miserable way the NRA has been conducting business on our behalf in the last year.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There ya go. Yet another non story

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Does it really matter? Isn’t yeti on the way out with their overpriced, now much copied design?

skinnywater

Does it really matter? Isn’t yeti on the way out with their overpriced, now much copied design?

Are you saying a 5-Gallon bucket for $75 is over-priced?

why I never…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

“Hammer pointed out that the NRA Foundation raises money “to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide” and says Yeti
    “should be ashamed.” ”

Obviously this was a ” slam article” to get all people up in arms against Yeti. To repeat this hack of an article is just goofy almost makes me want to go buy one or at least that $100 mug. laugh

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It is a non story but it is a bit funny that the reason their over priced coolers are copied so much is because someone at YETI let the utility patent expire. I’ll buy a knock off if I ever take a week long trip into the bush. Then I’ll take the $100 I save and buy some more fishing gear.

404 ERROR
    MN

It’s all business…Who says the decision is firearms related? Maybe they didn’t pay their bills on time? Maybe the terms requested by the NRA weren’t acceptable to Yeti? Just throwing things out here, don’t jump on me now too…Not everything is emotionally charged in the business world. The NRA and its supporters like to jump all over companies that end business relationships with them, essentially making them the school-yard bully. It will catch up with them eventually.

deertracker

Luckily I don’t own both guns or a Yetti….. coffee
    DT

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Rtic is embracing this move by Yeti.

Reef W

I’ll continue my boycott of $300 coolers whether they support the NRA, don’t support the NRA, or even if they cure cancer.

Jonesy

I’ll continue my boycott of $300 coolers whether they support the NRA, don’t support the NRA, or cure cancer.

Pretty much where I am at lol.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll continue my boycott of $300 coolers whether they support the NRA, don’t support the NRA, or cure cancer.

But how will you boost your level of self importance?

I will say this. I grabbed a Yeti tumbler from work and they are nice. Would I buy one? Probably not, but I’ll take free all day.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My brother and I were in a big box store about 7 or 8 years ago before there were Yeti knock offs. I commented how expensive the Yeti coolers were. Best quote about Yeti products came out of my brothers mouth. He said “I’m not buying a cooler that I have to carry a separate insurance policy on it”. bow

DTW

oh boy Grouse is on a liberal tirade.

Let the games begin!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

The NRA defends and upholds the 2nd Amendment… not hunters, not shooting enthusiasts… the 2nd Amendment. The person who does not want to be helpless, in any situation. If you look to the NRA for stable, meek talking points… just take a look to the other side. There are lots of batshit crazy people… look at the latest school shooting, the Hogg kids of the world and people who don’t even know what a semi auto is… now you can put Yeti in their camp too. Who lets these CEO’s come up with these brilliant ideas ? It truly is the Yuppie Cup now.

404 ERROR
    MN

The NRA defends and upholds the 2nd Amendment… not hunters, not shooting enthusiasts… the 2nd Amendment. The person who does not want to be helpless, in any situation. If you look to the NRA for stable, meek talking points… just take a look to the other side. There are lots of batshit crazy people… look at the latest school shooting, the Hogg kids of the world and people who don’t even know what a semi auto is… now you can put Yeti in their camp too. Who lets these CEO’s come up with these brilliant ideas ? It truly is the Yuppie Cup now.

Was it politically charged? Find me proof and I will bite my tongue. Until then, stop with your tinfoil hat wearing theories and let a business be a business. The padding in your armchair seems to be wearing off…I suggest taking a break… coffee

basseyes

I’ll continue my boycott of $300 coolers whether they support the NRA, don’t support the NRA, or even if they cure cancer.

Agreed.

But I’m not to proud to buy them for pennies on the dollar and plaster them with nra stickers for fun.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

whistling

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7013.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

^ I chuckled out loud when I saw that Nick!

robby
    Quad Cities

Sounds like this story is false news and Yeti has not cut their ties. All Yeti did was discontinue some discount programs and I’m not sure those were NRA ILA exclusive.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Was it politically charged? Find me proof and I will bite my tongue. Until then, stop with your tinfoil hat wearing theories and let a business be a business. The padding in your armchair seems to be wearing off…I suggest taking a break…

The last I read there was absolutely nothing stating why they cut ties. The NRA reached out to Yeti and asked why and Yeti did not provide a response. So the NRA started fear-mongering and as you can see by the reply of plenty on this site, it fits their agenda so they take it and run with it. At this point for all we know it could be a business decision. Maybe it’s not, but there does not appear to be anything fitting the anti-gun agenda as so many want it to be so they can ramp up the anger again.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

It truly is the Yuppie Cup now.

What is a Yuppie cup?
    Is it a trophy like the Stanley and World cup?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Are you saying a 5-Gallon bucket for $75 is over-priced?

why I never…

You’d have to be crazy to pay that much for a bucket.

I got mine at Dicks for only 40 bucks. Bargain.

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/yeti-loadout-bucket-17yetuldtxxxxxxxxodr/17yetuldtxxxxxxxxodr?camp=CSE:DSG_pg45091_ecom_PLA_452&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0I_Is8XT2gIVlrrACh1YOwMzEAYYASABEgJx9_D_BwE

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

That thing is sweet!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

$8.91 tongue jester

Attachments:
    1. the-home-depot-paint-buckets-lids-05glhd2-64_1000.jpg

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I was always told Yeti stole their cooler design from Grizzly.
    Dewalt 5 gal black bucket at Fleet Farm $3.49 yesterday.

CaptainMusky

Not that it matters on the internet because Facts really never matter, but I don’t believe this is “severing” ties in the sense that all are making it out to be.
    It seems that Yeti had a lot of old marketing programs in place with companies, organizations, etc that allowed deep discounts for their members. Well, in the dog eat dog world where Yeti is taking a savage beating in the pricewars with the likes of RTIC, etc undercutting them, I would surmise this is an initial endeavor on Yeti’s part to get rid of all those old marketing promotional contracts with these companies and then turn around and slash their prices to become more competitive and forge a “new” relationship with those organizations once its complete.

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>
    Was it politically charged? Find me proof and I will bite my tongue. Until then, stop with your tinfoil hat wearing theories and let a business be a business. The padding in your armchair seems to be wearing off…I suggest taking a break…

The last I read there was absolutely nothing stating why they cut ties. The NRA reached out to Yeti and asked why and Yeti did not provide a response. So the NRA started fear-mongering and as you can see by the reply of plenty on this site, it fits their agenda so they take it and run with it. At this point for all we know it could be a business decision. Maybe it’s not, but there does not appear to be anything fitting the anti-gun agenda as so many want it to be so they can ramp up the anger again.

That would be their M.O.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.