Yes! It's finally in.

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Been waiting to pull the trigger on Livescope. I called Reeds in Walker towards the end of Sept. and asked if they have Livescope ice bundle available. They said which one Garmin’s or ours. Heck, didn’t know you had one – watcha got? We have the same as Garmin but we switch the battery out with a Dakota and add a summer ducer (gt36) for $200 more. SOLD!
    Can I come up and get it? Nope, won’t have them until end of October. Needless to say, bout mid Oct. I was calling once a week.
    Well yesterday they said “Garmin has landed”! yay woot

I’m freakin stoked for hard water!!!!!!!

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Awesome! I’m in the process of piecing mine together as well. Need to drop a deer next weekend and then bring on the ice!

Ripjiggen

EPG do you mind giving up the price and unit you got.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

What??

Never thought I’d see the day you’d move beyond your beloved Marcum. blush

Times a changing that’s for sure.

Good deal, glad to see you back here in the “funhouse”…fun meaning…

I’m freaking stoked for hard water too!!! peace

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

EPG how big was the puddle on the floor when they told you it was in?? wink

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

EPG do you mind giving up the price and unit you got.

$2900

What??

Never thought I’d see the day you’d move beyond your beloved Marcum. blush

Times a changing that’s for sure.

Good deal, glad to see you back here in the “funhouse”…fun meaning…

I’m freaking stoked for hard water too!!! peace

Well not so fast Andy LOL – I’m thinking I’ll set it up like a clock with live scope in the middle and drill holes at the hours. Pick up a Marcum LX7 gpsI (I know i’m double dipping) and use that at the hour hands – so to speak.
    I know – the helix 7 ice would do the same for a buck fifty less but heck I love Marcum.

EPG how big was the puddle on the floor when they told you it was in?? wink

It was decent size – FW is still moppin it up as we speak. shock rotflol

MNdrifter

I wanna see this thing in action!!! I see the “Bronze monkeybutt” sitting on Rosevelt a weekend this winter!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well not so fast Andy LOL – I’m thinking I’ll set it up like a clock with live scope in the middle and drill holes at the hours. Pick up a Marcum LX7 gpsI (I know i’m double dipping) and use that at the hour hands – so to speak.
    I know – the helix 7 ice would do the same for a buck fifty less but heck I love Marcum.

I know you love your Marcum, and I did see that new upgraded LX-7 w/GPS out now. Kind of a back pedal from the failed RT-9, but perhaps a step back can be two steps forward in the race to relevance. Ha…

BTW, what are you drilling holes with this year…did you graduate now to the Strikemaster 40V yet?

I finally got on board last season and that is not just another new gimmick, that product is a revolution. santa

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I wanna see this thing in action!!! I see the “Bronze monkeybutt” sitting on Rosevelt a weekend this winter!

Brandon,
    I would love to see the “bronze monkey butt” sitting up on Rosie this winter. I got some inside info on some “lawyer” honey holes, and walleye spots.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

I know you love your Marcum, and I did see that new upgraded LX-7 w/GPS out now. Kind of a back pedal from the failed RT-9, but perhaps a step back can be two steps forward in the race to relevance. Ha…

BTW, what are you drilling holes with this year…did you graduate now to the Strikemaster 40V yet?

I finally got on board last season and that is not just another new gimmick, that product is a revolution. santa

Oh yeah,
    strikemaster lite flite. waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So how many sun fish does it take to make that worth while.
    I run a live scope but it isn’t mine. And after using it, I can tell you it won’t ever be mine. Catches my interest for sure. But in all honesty I feel like I do better myself. I dont typically have to many issues locating crappies and sunnies. They give them selves away. What does 2900 get you?.
    Do you ever quit catching fish ?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

So how many sun fish does it take to make that worth while.
    I run a live scope but it isn’t mine. And after using it, I can tell you it won’t ever be mine. Catches my interest for sure. But in all honesty I feel like I do better myself. I dont typically have to many issues locating crappies and sunnies. They give them selves away. What does 2900 get you?.
    Do you ever quit catching fish ?

Entertainment!

Remember, I’m an old codger. wink

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If you can find the flat heads on the river, please let me know. When I use live I cant find the eyes hugging the reefs. Only the ones being active

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

At 2900 is that ice and boat or just ice?
    And what is your main purpose for it?
    I like live scope. But now that I use my brothers I find my self barley using it. I could be missing a ton. And thats why I ask on your intentions.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

At 2900 is that ice and boat or just ice?
    And what is your main purpose for it?
    I like live scope. But now that I use my brothers I find my self barley using it. I could be missing a ton. And thats why I ask on your intentions.

Great question, and I have been asking myself the same thing.
    I mainly was thinking Ice only until Reeds told me about their package. For $200 more I figure I’ll get the soft water package also.
    On Rosie everyone trolls the basin for monster eyes and this could help the success ratio by identifying fish at 200 feet.

Hard water fishing is a no brainer.

Once again, it’s entertainment $$ for an old man like me. Just like buying a a 238 with a 400hp.

400hp, might need to upgrade my pontoon. LOL

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This one on sale?

Yes,
    and I’m am wondering why they gave me both prices but haven’t charged my my card yet

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wish I had it to try in all situations, but I dont. I bet its going to be awesome. I’ve never tried catching fish in 200ft. Only 200ft away

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I wish I had it to try in all situations, but I dont. I bet its going to be awesome. I’ve never tried catching fish in 200ft. Only 200ft away

Hell, it might take me 2 to 3 years to figure out the technology.

I’ll keep you posted!!!

MNdrifter

FYI: there is some kind of filter on IDO that converts a slang name for a son born out of wedlock to monkey butt. Am I the only one who finds this amusing?🤣😂

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

GT36 uhd transducer is the newest ducer out. Going to give Humminbird Mega a run for it’s money

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Awesome tool! Congrats. A couple of young men steered me around a basin hole for crappies late winter. They had me on the fish all afternoon. They could find them but couldn’t catch em. I could and helped them with my gear. I gave them the fish,…fair trade in my mind. Haven’t bought one though. I could imagine being the one steering friends around and not catching them my self!!

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Is there a max depth that this is not useful. I ice fish a mine pit for lake trout and it’s around one twenty too two hundred feet deep.

MNdrifter

Brandon,
    I would love to see the “bronze monkey butt” sitting up on Rosie this winter. I got some inside info on some “lawyer” honey holes, and walleye spots.

Do we have to drink that nasty corona? I’ll bring my own beer. Maybe I can catch one bigger than 26 7/8” this time and beat you fair and square!!!!! toast

Attachments:
    1. B34BCC1D-968C-478F-9269-23BC688F5EC4.jpeg

2. C446D296-24CC-4B9B-B464-C5EA73FDB593.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Is there a max depth that this is not useful. I ice fish a mine pit for lake trout and it’s around one twenty too two hundred feet deep.

Probably but not sure, I do know the horizontal limit is 200′

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Drifter,
    Where did you find my graduation picture?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Now I have a puddle!

Come on cold weather. yay

Attachments:
    1. Livescope.jpg

AnotherFisherman

Enjoy that EPG!! I’ve only seen it in action in videos and it looks amazing. Looking forward to some posts this winter.

blank

The subject line made me think of this.

BrianF

Eel, plan to use the ice bundle in open water. You’ll use the unit more there than during the shorter ice season and probably more effectively. No need to spend $200 to get an open water conversion kit. Just buy some RAM mounts and attach to your trolling motor shaft. Place the unit on the bow next to your footpedal. Bungey it down. They are power hawgs, so use the lithium battery in the unit to provide power all day and save your boat power. Use the LS charger at night.

I hate this term, but LS is truly a game changer – especially during the open water season. On ice, I find it helps me locate and stay on fish but not necessarily catch more. Having watched many hundreds, if not thousands of fish react to the LS sonar signal, I believe they can sense – and many are turned off – by the signal at close range. Others disagree but I’m just telling you what my eyes see time and time again. Still wouldn’t want to fish without it given how much information it gives you – especially in open water where it really shines.

Attachments:
    1. 720C16F6-D1BC-46CD-9874-F6BC0090895B.jpeg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Congrats EPG! Glad to have you back here too.

TOM

If anyone is looking for a better deal, marine general is offering an all season package as well.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.