Yamaha VTS

• Zombie 69er

I was wondering if anyone can share some insight on how to use the Yamaha VTS? I had installed on pontoon and have no paperwork showing how to use. I have called the dealer and they don’t really seem to have a clue either. I have tried to use a couple times and nothing seem’s to work. Just wondering if I am missing something on how engage it or use it. I hit up and it doesn’t seem to do anything and I go down and nothing. Not much on internet either or the system itself. Thanks for any input in advance!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If it’s not doing anything it’s not hooked up correctly. It just changes the RPM’s in small increments, either up or down.

Zombie 69er

Yea from what I have been able to find is make sure it’s just in gear and motor is warmed up. Now I seen one where they say to make sure you push down first to activate. Another video shows everytime they use it beep’s. Just trying to figure out if it’s me or they didn’t install right before I take out of water and haul an hour back to the dealer.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Mine never beeped at all. To be honest I never knew it took anything special to activate it. Mine always seemed to work. Maybe I was just lucky. Good luck.

pass0047
    Pool4

I added mine to my motor. I only use it at idle to drop down rpms and then up. No expert but only way I know it’s working is on the way down the motor starts to chug more then lessens on the way up.

Mike

Probably a dumb question, but thought I would ask. Last year was my first year with my 17′ Smokercraft and a Yamaha 115 SHO. I ended up lead coring alot for walleyes, had some good success. But with that motor I could sometimes get to 2.0 (right wind), but mostly 2.3 – 2.5. I am thinking of getting this product, watching install seems super easy.

So you just pop it into gear (idle speed), and then start using up/down arrows to control RPM’s? Seems pretty straight forward. For those that got it to work, how much speed could you knock off?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.