Yamaha Outboard Hour Check

• Walleye Hungry

Hey guys,

As i am doing my engine break in period for the vmax…i realized that there is no hour meter on the tiller. I was keeping track on my phone of the critical early hours but now am somewhere between the 12-15 ish hour?? Not really sure anymore

How are you guys looking at how many hours you have on your outboard? Dealer tells me the only way is to take it in and have them hook up the diagnostic tool. I am thinking of taking it in and having them give me a true hour number and then getting one of the tach/hour meters that wrap around the spark plug wire to keep track from there on.

Any thoughts or am i over thinking this?

Thanks,
    WH

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nope not over thinking it. Thats what I was told to do also. Although once the break-in is done the number of hours doesn’t matter. When you go to sell the boat you can have them (the dealer) do a scan & printout at that time.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The spark plug meter is a good maintenance period tool.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Those tiny tachs are great, I run one on my generator. Super easy to install, has work for over 5 years now.
    I know someday the internal battery will die so I track maintenance hours on the cowling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.