Wx2060 vs wx1910 HELP

• Ryan

Hey guys longtime user on wc, first time poster on ido. The wife and I are looking at pulling the trigger on a new boat. Alittle background we fish all of Green Bay for eyes 60%, salmon on Lake Michigan 20%, northwoods lakes 20%.

We have the selection down to wx 2060 vs wx 1910. I have ridden in a wx 2060 2 different times and loved it. Now with the same hull on the 1910 im thinking anout snapping that up to save $12,000ish.
    Im pretty sure not to many guys have taken a ride in the wx 1910 on some rough seas. And with the rebates running out soon i would like to hear what anyone has to say. Do you think the 1910 can handle green bay as well as the wx 2060? As well can i drop a wx 2060 in the smaller landings in the northwoods?

jfricke72
    Northfield, MN

I’ve been shopping these boats for over a year. And although dean has told me on more then one occasion that I need to go fishing in them before I make a decision on which one is for me I havent. I spent time Friday at the boat show talking to Justin from skeeter boat center about the wx1910 and the mx2025. I thought I was interested in the wx1910 because it was the little brother to the wx2060. Deeper v then the mx series and the piece tag was more attractive. But standing in the wx1910 for the time I did I could tell it was too small. For me. Coming from a 18’9″ boat now and wanting more space it didn’t fill that need for me. I did talk to Justin about launching in local lakes that don’t have big boat use. He didn’t think it would be an issue. Not any worse then what I have now. Big water use is relative too. Most any boat is ok in certain conditions. Heck my uncle salmon fishes Lake Michigan in his 17 tiller crestliner. Common sense goes a long ways. Guess I’d say that even if you saved $12,000 buying the smaller boat but when you’re fishing in it all you can do is wish you would have bought the bigger one, and you had the means too, buy the bigger boat. I was ready to buy the wx1910 until I stood in it. Now I save a little more to buy the bigger boat. Those skeeters are pretty bad ass. Can’t wait to fish outta one.

pale ryder
    NULL

I was at the open house at Skeeter boat center and spent some time looking at the wx 1910. Sweet boat, I bet they sell a lot of them. However on a big lake, a bigger boat is almost always better.
    Also they had a MX 2025 with a 200 4-stroke on it for about the same price as the WX 1910. As nice as the 1910 is, for the same price, I would get the MX 2025.

Just my opinion.

They are all so nice it is hard to make a bad choice.
    I chose the MX 1825 because it fit my budget and I don’t fish big water very often.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Generically speaking, Length always wins on big water. Having fished Green Bay myself in a WX2060 & MX2025 they are your first choice. With that said, if budget is a factor, which it is for nearly everyone, I have never ever ridden in a smoother 19ft boat than the new 1910 !

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I’ve had the chance to run both boats a lot and after watching them both perform in a lot of situations my vote would go to the 1910. Sorry 2060 but the 1910’s ride is so smooth in big water it would be hard not to go with it, even though you lose some space. Not to put words in James’ mouth but I think he would mimic my response.

michael poulin

It’s hard to tell from the pictures but when standing on the bow of the 1910, are you closer to the water than when standing on the bow of the 2060?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve had the chance to run both boats a lot and after watching them both perform in a lot of situations my vote would go to the 1910. Sorry 2060 but the 1910’s ride is so smooth in big water it would be hard not to go with it, even though you lose some space. Not to put words in James’ mouth but I think he would mimic my response.

I’ve been amazed at the ride in the WX 1910. It rides so much better than than a 19′ boat should be capable of. I know Skeeter has tagged it as the “best riding 19′ Skeeter ever built” or something to that affect. I can back that claim up without hesitation. I’ve spent considerable time in all the 18 and 19 foot WX models and the 1910 is the best of the lot as far as ride is concerned.

But space is space. If you find the 19′ floor plan to be cramped for the way you fish and the number of passengers you carry there’s no way to compensate for that in a shorter boat.

To the OP – the world’s your oyster. Get inside the gunnels on each and get a feel for the room and the layout. The isn’t a bad choice to be made here as both are good boats. If the WX 1910 offers enough floor space for you personally I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. But if you need more carrying capacity, that 2060 offers a big bump in useable floor space.

Ryan

First off thanks for the replies, I went to the Milwaukee boat show and spent the whole day looking at many boats. Spending a lot of time talking with many pros, dealers, and one owner (Kent Anderson). With all the time I still ended with the wx on the top of the list even though the dealer only had an 1850 there. Went to a dealer last Saturday to look at a wx1910. Now this Friday heading to look at the 2060 and 1910 side by side at Skeeter Boat Center. Good way to take a half of Friday off. Still lots to think about. Buying toys is so much fun.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Being you fish big water mainly I would think the 2060 would be a better fit. I have never been in the 1910 but have heard nothing but good. I say 2060 for not only the extra length but a little deeper as well. Have fun at SBC, either boat you decide on you will be happy!

Ryan

After going to sbc seeing the 2190, 2060, and the 1910, the boat that fits my needs is the 2060. The rod locker on the 1910 would not fit 8 foot rods where I can get close to 9 foot rods in the 2060. The gunwales on the 1910 are too short for me as I cant put my hip against it where on the 2060 I will be able to hold my body against it in rough water. The windshield height is just at the top of my head in the 2060 where as I would need to duck down some in the 1910. The 2060 is just a better fit for me.

I have some questions for you guys. I want to install a lowrance 12 touch on the console. Where did you guys mount the LLS 2? Did you mount it under the step or just to the right of ladder on the main outboard? Has anyone linked the touch to the Yamaha?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Good choice! On my dad’s 2060 it’s just to the right of the ladder not under the the step of the hull. My buddy linked his F200 tiller to his touch last year. Never really got a chance to look at it.

I highly recommend something along the lines of a Cisco mount for you HDS 12.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

So,…what exactly is the difference between the Skeeter REACT hulls? 1910, 2060, 2025, 2190. Length obviously is one. WX models appear to have more free board in the front but that doesn’t affect ride it could affect spray. Does the new WX models have a steeper V angle all the way through to the transom for a better ride? Better integration or new design of the intermediate strakes?

Ryan

After looking up at linking the touch to the Yamaha, to me it doesn’t look like I will be able to find out any more info on the touch then I can find out on the Yamaha command gauges. SBC recommended the ram swing mount. Skeeter20 do you have a pic of your dads console?

Just sold my boat today, getting paid tomorrow, and work on getting the 2060!!! Lots of little things to get ironed out before I give SBC the ok. Don’t want to get the boat and be like oh I should have done that.

Captddh, there is a few youtubes out there on the hull, but probably the main thing that really catches your eye is the deepness of the keel in the front of the hull. The middle of the boat is the widest point which helps to keep the bow up in rough chop. The reverse chines help when you are standing on the side of the boat so its not leaning like crazy. Checkout this forum out for videos and info. This info is just what I have read and been told. Im no pro or salesman. Just a buyer…….hopefully!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Captddh- All the boats with the react hull are essentially the same. The WX is just built up more to be a better big water boat.

Ryan- You are correct in regards to see everything you will need to right off the command link gauges. Here is a picture of the 2060 dash. Normal ram mount on the left then Cisco on the right. The reason for not 2 ciscos is incase we wanted to move the Ram mount one to the bow or the stern if I didn’t throw my touch 7 in the boat. We’ve ran the Ciscos now for 2 years and love them.

The pic shows a 7 and 9 but there is 2 9’s there now. I have a small video on setting up the sonar and gps if you aren’t familiar with the touch units. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261PO97ZYW8

Attachments:
    1. 2060-dash.jpg

Ryan

Just a little update, here is a pic of the new boat!

Attachments:
    1. image89.jpg

Ryan

Another pic

Attachments:
    1. image90.jpg

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Very sharp boat, care too share your set up on it, motor. electronics, ect…Thanks

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Congrats on the new Skeeter!

FDR

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Looks like a sharp color combo. Congrats.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Very nice looking boat!

Ryan

Thanks guys for all the help. The hull color is starfire plus. I cant wait to see it in the sunlight. It has a 112 terrova ipilot put on. I dont think i would use the link to its fullest and i want to run lowrance products. Putting a touch 12 with structure scan on a cisco mount on the console with point one antenna. Installing a link 5 below the controls on the side of the gunwale with a galaxy antenna on the port side. Front rails and rear rails, Will hold 3 scottys on each side. Behind the rear rails, installing 18″ traxstech tracks for cannon downriggers. Fish hawk on the console. Running a yamaha 250 xca and a 9.9 kicker with remote controls. Will see if i need an itroll or if the terrova can be the fine tuner.

Couple questions for yamaha guys. If i run 89 octane with no ethanol. Should i run yamaha ring free? And what ratio do you run? 1 oz per 10 gallons or 1 oz per 20 gallons? I have only run two strokes before this. Thanks again.

Not taking delivery until end of march. Going to be along 5 weeks!!! Guys at Anchor Marine are outstanding!

trollingeyes
    Appleton, WI

The guys at Anchor are outstanding! I’ve been very satisfied.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

After going to sbc seeing the 2190, 2060, and the 1910, the boat that fits my needs is the 2060. The rod locker on the 1910 would not fit 8 foot rods where I can get close to 9 foot rods in the 2060. The gunwales on the 1910 are too short for me as I cant put my hip against it where on the 2060 I will be able to hold my body against it in rough water. The windshield height is just at the top of my head in the 2060 where as I would need to duck down some in the 1910. The 2060 is just a better fit for me.

I have some questions for you guys. I want to install a lowrance 12 touch on the console. Where did you guys mount the LLS 2? Did you mount it under the step or just to the right of ladder on the main outboard? Has anyone linked the touch to the Yamaha?

Ryan Hi,
    This does not make sense to me here. In this video Dave claims that he has room for 8’3″ rods easy and there is a low and high Walk Through windshield And the bubble windshield.

Sure hope the video is correct for I hate a windshield that is lower then top of my head. Lol

ANY input from any one?
    James W

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the center rod locker in the WX1910 will holds my 8′ rods just fine; my 8’6″ rods do not fit. of course, even my 9’6″ rods fit just fine in the side holster.

i got mine with the x-tra tall windshield. this combined with the adjustable seat height makes it easy to have your sight line where you want it: either below the top of the windshield or above (my preference). i’m 6’1″ tall for reference.
    when i added WavePro seat bases (14″) i lost the ability to adjust the height and it’s still easy to ride below the top of the windshield just by leaning forward a bit or look above it by sitting up straight.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

the center rod locker in the WX1910 will holds my 8′ rods just fine; my 8’6″ rods do not fit. of course, even my 9’6″ rods fit just fine in the side holster.

This…

I have multiple 8’ers in the bow and a half dozen or so 8’6″-9’6″ rods in the holster.

Dean Marshall

James,
    The tall windshield is the only one available as of 2016 models and forward.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Dean thank you sir and this is good news. When you get a wx1910 in could you take a minute and measure the length of the live well.
    Thank You and have an awesome 2016.
    James W

Dean Marshall

33x13x13
    Ought to hold a 18 3 eye no problem ! :]

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Dean,
    Thank You again sir very much!!!
    That should work pretty good!!

As long as it can hold a few eaters here and there AND keep up to a 5 or 6 fish limit ( bass ) once a week ) it’s all good !

Hey its a multi species boat and I enjoyed the fun and fellowship of a local bass club.

Not to mention it helps living the c.p.r rule I enforce with the bigger fish any way

Enjoy the season
    James W

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.