Wx2000T 24v or 36v?

• joetc
    Rogers and Longville, MN

I have a wx2000t currently setup as a 24v system. I have to add a transom mount trolling motor so I’m contemplating changing to a 36v system. The current 80lb bow mount has enough power but I’m often running at 50% power or slightly more in heavy wind and I’m concerned about how long I’ll get out of the batteries. I haven’t had the boat long enough to test it out on a long day so looking for advice.

Thanks!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

If you are adding a Vantage, the 24v have less issues than the 36v. I had a 2000t with a 24v system and it worked great. The only time I wished I had 36v was when I spent all day pulling upstream in heavy current-Big motor was a little fast and bowmount wouldn’t last all day.

Matt Lawrence

I’ve got a 2000t with a 24v system and have never felt under powered. If the wind is really bucking I just use the big motor. I don’t fish the river much anymore but if I still did I’d want a 36v system.

pale ryder
    NULL

I’m pretty sure you will drain batteries faster back trolling than going forward at the same speed. Due to the increased resistance.

That said, what you need depends on how fast you want to go and for how long.

I run a 2000t, it came with a 24v terrova w/o ipilot. I upgraded to a 36v system because it cost me $800 out of pocket to go to a 36v motorguide xi5 and a 36v vantage. It’s not needed but I couldn’t find used 24v motors when I was looking to upgrade. Now that I have had both on this boat I wouldn’t go back. I can run longer and it’s really nice not plugging in every night or worrying about a dead battery.

Eric Ahlstrom

I want to put 3 group 31 batteries in mine for a 36 volt ultrex but doesn’t look like they will fit. Has anyone done this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.