WX1910 Livewell Controls?

• Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

During a test drive of the WX1910 last weekend I noticed that it doesn’t come with Flow-rite style actuators to select the livewell open/close/recirc, just toggle power switches on the dash to turn the pumps on or off.

Can someone explain how it works without that selection actuator?
    For example, if I want to keep water out of the livewell, how would I do that?
    Or if I wanted to fill the livewell and keep it full when running on plane, how would I do so?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    1. img-08_15.jpg

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Sorry I can’t help with the specifics of how the switches work. But, would mind sharing any observations of your test drive in the 1910?

TIA,

FDR

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

On my boat I use the front live well as storage so I just closed the sprayer
    nozzle so that it wouldn’t fill.

Lund Pro Guide 1825

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

It uses a drain plug inside the livewell.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

thanks Eric.

as a musky fisherman that is good by me since mostly i prefer the livewells to stay dry for extra storage anyway…but a toddler means other fish in my future, and i like to have something to hold panfish to keep him entertained.

how does it prevent water running out the drain when the recirc is turned on?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

The switch is by the throttle is to open/close the livewell drains. Your options from the dash are fill or recirc. When on fill(auto-timer on/off or manual-always on)it fills from the lake. Recirc just recirculates the water that is inside the livewell.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

well…Skeeter normally puts the drain switches below the throttle, or in the case of my previous WX2000T along the back wall of the cockpit. however, in the WX1910 they aren’t there. during my test drive, Charlie from SBC told me it was a design change based on pro-staff input.

now that i’m back home, i’m just curious about how it works, especially when running the recirc. Eric said you need to put a drain plug in the livewell to keep the water full. if wanting to recirc, wouldn’t a drain plug prevent water from getting to the pump, or is there another exit line?

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Apparently the recirc draw is separate from the drain. Mystery explained for this non-livewell muskie guy, thanks Sean.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

So they removed the open/close switches so now you must use a plug. As far as the operation its just like I said. Recirc is a separate pick up and pump from fill as its using the water already in the livewell/baitwell.

SLE

I can’t believe they removed the open close switch’s and went back to plugs, to me that makes no sense. If the pro staff liked using plugs better, just leave the drain open and us a plug. I know I certainly like the remote drain switches and not having to find a plug floating around the bottom of my live well or reaching in to the bottom to pull the plug. I know some boats use a pump in / pump out system, are you sure this isn’t what they’ve done?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

It all depends on the model of boat. Some are still using the remote drains, some are using drain plugs. Also some already do have the pump out system but some don’t. Each model is different as of right now.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Those open/close valves collected a lot of minnows in my boat from fish puking them up but I did not have a screen inside the live well covering the drain.

Also they are no fun while fishing in freezing temps. Not a good feeling having to haul water home because you can not get the drain valve open until the boat warms back up in the garage.

To me manual plugs are one less mechanical piece to have go wrong.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I know I certainly like the remote drain switches and not having to find a plug floating around the bottom of my live well or reaching in to the bottom to pull the plug.

Tie a rope to the end of the plug. On the opposite end tie to a BIG bobber. This is what we do and it works well.

FDR

SLE

I just assume have a remote drain, those that want to use a plug still can. I think screens should be mandatory over the drain however a small shot of compressed air from the hull side normally clean-out those pesky have eating minnows!

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

In my Skeeter experience with those flow-rite valves, they seem to only work for short period of time before the valves get clogged with silt, dirt, minnows, etc., and then they never close tight. Then you’re SOL in the winter, because you get water coming in from the drain outside the boat. At other times, when you pump/fill the tank from the inside, they slowly loose/drain water out. Use the hand plug. ….IMHO, old fashioned, but a much better design.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.