wx 2060

• grizzly
    nebraska

got the new boat out for a couple days this week, everything worked good and seems like a great boat. was on a smaller lake and only about 1 ft. rollers. cant wait to try to try it on some bigger water but it was great to be on open water.didnt think the ullterra did all that bad, was kinda worried after reading all the forums on them about the spot lock

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Nice! You’re gonna have a fun year in that sweet ride this year Griz! Keep the updates coming and share a few pics along the way. Come out to Superior sometime too now that you have a brute of a boat!

grizzly
    nebraska

thanks would love to never been up there. going to LOW and devils lake for sure this year, cant wait

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Well, if you’re game for Superior, shoot me a PM and I’d be glad to share what I know. I can point a few hot spots out on DL too. Our crew is heading up to DL for a cast and blast in the fall, out to Michigan to chase Kings in the summer and will hit Superior a half dozen times at least.

Coldfront

The new Spot Lock works OK it is just goofy until it finally gets locked on the spot. I had taken off a Terrova off my WX1900 and installed an Ulterra. The first time I used the spot lock on the Ulterra the motor turned and the motor sped up and of course overshot the position and then the motor turned around the other way and sped up and again overshot the spot. It did this a couple of times before it finally settled down. I thought WOW what a piece of $$$$. I called Minnkota and they sent me a new head to install but that head did the same thing. When I got my new WX2060 I tried out the spot lock on a calm day and it did exactly the same thing. If you do not like the current spot lock on the hand held controller you can go into the programing and change the spot lock to the “Legacy Spot Lock” and it will be just like to old Terrova’s. That is where I have mine set at. The new spot lock might be more accurate than the legacy but I don’t like the rodeo. You will love the boat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.