WTB youth shotgun / rifle

• Fowldreams55398

Looking to get my son a youth 20 guage for ducks and geese. Also, maybe a youth rifle for deer. Thanks!!

JEREMY
    BP

Dont go to store and ask for youth model you will be frowned upon. They are now called compact models because women were offended by the fact the smaller gun they could handle was called a youth model.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Dont go to store and ask for youth model you will be frowned upon. They are now called compact models because women were offended by the fact the smaller gun they could handle was called a youth model.

That is ridiculous. If a woman is offended by that then I definitely don’t want to hunt with her.

JEREMY
    BP

Its the truth. Thats what i was told when i went to the gun store looking for youth model 20 gauge for my kids.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

When I went through this with My son I bought a Mossberg 500 youth. He shot grouse, pheasants and ducks with it and never an issue. Later I bought a slug barrel and full size stock and it’s now dedicated as a slug gun for deer.

I’d definitely go this route again!

CaptainMusky

Depending how old your little hunter is, I bought a Rossi single shot that has interchangeable barrels for 20 gauge and .243 (other combinations available). Its a nice little gun and my kids started using it when they were 10, all 3 have used it now. Not super expensive either, but they a decent gun to start out with since they are so light, but they do kick pretty hard because of this. -)

Fowldreams55398

Thanks for the responses. My son is 10 so he’ll be using the smaller youth/compact size for some time yet.

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

I have a Rossi Trifecta I might be willing to sell. My son used it for trap when he first started. The 22 and 243 have only been shot a couple times.
    PM if you’re interested

Lee

Im looking to get the trifecta for my son thats just starting out hunting. Do you still have this gun?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.