Wtb – LH youth 20 gauge

• beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Looking for a youth left handed 20 gauge or bottom eject shot gun.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I would check with Ahlman’s Guns in Morristown. They have a unique and wide selection!

ahlmans.com
    9525 230th St W, Morristown, MN 55052
    507-685-4243

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Thanks Sharon! I spoke to them yesterday and unfortunately didn’t have anything.

LabDaddy1

Not much help as I’m not offering anything, but Remington youth 870s are — or at least were — great bang-for-the-buck, basic and reliable shotguns.

With a barrel length of I believe 18”, it makes a nice close-quarters grouse gun. Especially in the thick stuff I hunt. I still use mine to this day occasionally.

I shot my first ever bird on the wing with it as a little kid out in Montana with my dad on goat hunt, a sharptail grouse. Only thing is you may need to replace/lengthen the butt stock for an adult. I usually let my shorter hunting buddy use it if we’re hunting together. I’m sure they make a LH version. I am a lefty shooter but have pretty much always used RH guns. Not as ergonomically sound, but I’ve gotten used to it.

Thanks for coming to my Tedx talk.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

. I am a lefty shooter but have pretty much always used RH guns. Not as ergonomically sound, but I’ve gotten used to it.

x2.

A youth lefty 20 gauge is a unicorn, if you find one I would love to be on the list to buy it from you sometime down the road once your kid grows out of it. Pretty sure my 3 year old is left eye dominant.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

In my group of friends the guy with the oldest kid bought a Mossberg Youth 20 (bottom eject). It got sold around to 3-4 other guys as their kids grew up. Sometimes it would go back to a previous owner as another kid grew up. Don’t know who had it last. Good luck finding one!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

how about that gun store in Isle Minn… can’t recall the name of it…

JEREMY
    BP

Boones Fine Guns in Isle. A few years back when nobody had anything they still did. 320-676-3030

pass0047
    Pool4

I bought a savage over and under 20 gauge and cut down stock for my left handed daughter. First year she used 870 right youth and very awkward loading safety on wrong side. Savage over and under had safety on top so universal. Just another option.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.