WTB Antenna tower

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looking for a triangular shape tower to use for TV & Radio antenna’s. Wanting to get above the tree lines but i’m not sure how tall I will need.

Posting here under the long shot that somebody may know something about this and may have one. Will be using it in International Falls so the further North it’s located the better. grin

Thank you.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Something like this?

I/we have this one not being used.

Located in Garrison.

You would need to have an insured professional to remove it.

Attachments:
    1. 20200909_150142.jpg

2. 20200909_150207.jpg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Wish you were looking back in 2006! I had a “ROAN 25g” with a tilting base @49feet. I still have 2 ham-2 rotors with controls, one has the newer style box the other is the older style. Both were rebuilt rotors when I purchased them, one has never been used by me.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Something like this?

I/we have this one not being used.

Located in Garrison.

You would need to have an insured professional to remove it.

Yep, something like that. Any idea Andy how tall it is or who put it up or could take it down?

Interesting for sure, if I can’t find one already down this might be the ticket.

Thanks applause

Ripjiggen

Just climb up and start taking down each sections from the top should only take an hour or so. whistling

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Like I tell nervous people on planes, gravity always works

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Seems like alot of work to go through just to be able to watch the Timberwolves up north. whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Seems like alot of work to go through just to be able to watch the Timberwolves up north. whistling

Now here is a guy who gets it! waytogo

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Contact a tree service. We take down a half dozen or so a year. We always leave it with the owner but you might get someone to take down Andy’s.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I gave away a 50′ tower last spring off my lake property, my only requirement was that it must be professionally removed. I had several interested parties but the guy I ended up giving it to had a family friend who operated a crane truck. They simply strapped it to the crane about 3/4 of the way up the tower and then cut the base pipes with a disc saw and then gently lowered it to the ground and took it apart in 10′ sections. Whole process lasted about 15 minutes…

If you search youtube, you’ll see what can go wrong when you don’t have the right tools and expertise.

Bottom line, do it right…

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Tear down with a gin pole.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Did you ever find anything? I just took done a 25 foot off a roof with a tripod, and an additional 25 foot pole that is in sections. Tell me if you want it or pics. It’ll be in a dumpster end of the day.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did you ever find anything? I just took done a 25 foot off a roof with a tripod, and an additional 25 foot pole that is in sections. Tell me if you want it or pics. It’ll be in a dumpster end of the day.

Thanks for the offer. I ended up with cable and I have a Crane radio I can pull WCCO in with so I think i’m good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.