Words of advice

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you could offer words of advice what would they be?
    Mine……….

Enjoy life, pile up as much cash as possible, remember you are only a short timer in this world.

B-man

Be kind to others

Love your children

And Yolo

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Never own anything with a handle. It just means work.

Grouse

Sharon
    SE Metro

Nothing lasts forever. This can be a good thing. Or a really bad thing.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Never pee into the wind.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I drilled this into my girls’ head all through high school when they hit that drama bs stage of life

Perception is reality. Give people the reason to think your an ass, and you’ll be the biggest ass in school and beyond. Be Dedicated and respectful to everything you do under ALL circumstances and you’ll have earned trust

Oh, my other favorite for my girls. I’ll always give you Love, hugs, and work. You can earn everything else

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I strongly disagree.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sharon M wrote:</div>

I strongly disagree.

Allow me to possibly dissect this, possibly how it was meant.
    Nothing lasts forever:
    If you plan on something lasting forever, you may be taking it for granted and not enjoying/ using it to the fullest.

This can be a good thing:
    Take this pandemic, or heartbreak, or sorrow. When these things end, it’s wonderful.

Or a really bad thing:
    When someone you wanted to be with forever is suddenly gone.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

It’s a free country if you can afford to live here.
    And not live on government/taxpayer money.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

“The courageous die, but the timid never live.”

Don’t pass up opportunities or fear taking chances to experience new things. Doing something that scares you helps you to learn a lot about yourself. There’s only one trip around the world for each of us, and that trip could end any moment.

This statement offers some balance for me as someone who has always been very calculated and conservative financially and with life decisions. The Mrs. told me it years ago and reminds me of the advice every once in a while. She’s a huge fan of traveling and has drug me places I’d never take the time to enjoy without her. Something about swimming with 9′ sharks (without a cage) on our honeymoon in Barbados has made this advice stick.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

If you’re looking for sympathy it’s between sh*t and syphilis in the dictionary- my dad

finman

You gotta live while you’re alive

While laying on your death bed, you’ll never wish you had worked more overtime

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Never pass up OT. Its “free” money.

When all else fails, just go fishing!

Yolo!! x2

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Find a reason to smile, not the reasons to be negative.
    Always make your children feel like number 1. They are the most special things in this world.
    Not every one will like you, f those people. Live for your self. Life is not about impressing others.

3Rivers

“Get busy living or get busy dying”

-Andy Dufresne

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just be nice

Sharon
    SE Metro

I strongly disagree.

Why? What is something that lasts forever? I don’t know of anything that last forever, so to put it simply if you’re happy, best to live in the moment and enjoy it. And if you’re unhappy, it will pass.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Never take advice from the internets. coffee

Weekender
    Southcentral MN

Never fart in an elevator. coffee

jwellsy
      You

can’t change a negative hateful person. Knights in shiny armor is a myth. Hateful people are going to die being bitter and hateful unless they choose to change.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Its not practice that makes perfect, its perfect practice that makes perfect!

Winner = Hurts like hell when you lose or fail, get up the next morning and takes it upon him/herself to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Loser = Hurts like hell when you lose or fail, blame the referee, coach or parents, sleeps in the morning.

McCloud

Life is to short to try and and prove your wisdom on the internet

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

I strongly disagree.

Why? What is something that lasts forever? I don’t know of anything that last forever, so to put it simply if you’re happy, best to live in the moment and enjoy it. And if you’re unhappy, it will pass.

I just have a different outlook or philosophical view on this. Ultimately, everything we do or experience creates memories. It builds our knowledge, enhances all out emotions, and gives the characteristics of the person we become. To me, “forever “ is the span of our lifetime. We only have a perception of history and an assumption or faith of afterlife. But every single experience compiles into a person as they evolve and they have that “forever’
    Just like you and Billy. His time was cut short and you experienced the best and worst in life. But ultimately you have the experiences and knowledge of that forever. You’ll always know what the deepest, darkest pain. For the rest of your life you’ll have the knowledge of what that feels like. It can help you evolve into a more understanding and compassionate person, or a bitter and resentful person. On that same thought, you know genuine happiness from your experiences. A person can see, smell, feel…. something that relates to the memories of an experience and apply a range of emotions. That lasts forever

Sorry to drag this off so far. I’m very passionate about the memories made/shared. Things happen in life. People come and go, circumstances change but those experiences remain forever

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I strongly disagree.

I just have a different outlook or philosophical view on this. Ultimately, everything we do or experience creates memories. It builds our knowledge, enhances all out emotions, and gives the characteristics of the person we become. To me, “forever “ is the span of our lifetime. We only have a perception of history and an assumption or faith of afterlife. But every single experience compiles into a person as they evolve and they have that “forever’
    Just like you and Billy. His time was cut short and you experienced the best and worst in life. But ultimately you have the experiences and knowledge of that forever. You’ll always know what the deepest, darkest pain. For the rest of your life you’ll have the knowledge of what that feels like. It can help you evolve into a more understanding and compassionate person, or a bitter and resentful person. On that same thought, you know genuine happiness from your experiences. A person can see, smell, feel…. something that relates to the memories of an experience and apply a range of emotions. That lasts forever

Sorry to drag this off so far. I’m very passionate about the memories made/shared. Things happen in life. People come and go, circumstances change but those experiences remain forever

Here, Here!! Love and Faith will last forever and it just so happens that they are all that truely matter in life.

shockers
    Rochester

Don’t be a dick.

Also….Fish more.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I strongly disagree.

My words of advice would be, not to push your beliefs onto someone else…and YOLO x4

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Not necessarily a specific piece of advice, but more so a mindset…

Growing up, any time I would go visit my grandparent’s at the farm, I’d ask my grandpa “hows it going?” and I would always get back a “doesn’t matter how its going kid, its gotta go!”. This has been something that has always stuck with me; i.e. No matter what life throws your way (good OR bad), you have to keep pushing FORWARD.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.