Medicine Lake Suggestions?

• bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I am planning to hit Medicine Lake late this week, but am new to it. Any suggestions on bait and locations would be a great help. Thanks and stay safe on the ice!!

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Took my 4 year old son out there the day after Christmas. My only goal was to catch something….anything to continue getting him hooked on fishing!!
    Mission was accomplished

Caught tons of very very small crappies using Wax worms on Gill Pills/Diamond Jigs.

fritcher

I have fished that lake in the past years and have always had good luck out from the bait shop. You can usually find nice sice sunnies and northerns in the weeds. I usually fished about 10ft of water with a waxie on 1 line and a shiner on the other. The trick is to find the weed line and fish the ouside edge or a pocket in the weeds. This is where my camera cam in handy. It also helps with picking out the bigger sunfish. Without the camera you will be picking through a lot of small fish. The only time I have ever had luck with decent sized crappies was in the spring about 5 years ago. Most of the crappies caught in the winter time were small and in 30-40 ft of water.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.