Mpls lakes

• benwitham

Does anyone out there fish Mpls lakes for walleye. I been thinking of fishing Calhoun or Cedar.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

I have not chased Walleye’s there, but been a few times after Bass .

Parking is a pain and you gotta be early, Weekends, prior to 6am to park on the street close by. Only Access for Boats is on Calhoun’s NE corner. Recommend having a trusted partner to either stay with boat or drive & park your vehicle/trailer. There is a City parking lot on NW end, Southside of Lake Street, but you would have to pickup driver over there unless they want to make ong hike back to access. Do NOT leave anything that even looks like it may contain anything valuable in vehicle and park along busier street is best bet. Although I have yet to have anything broken/damaged, I hear other complain about trailer damage, broken lights, etc.

No GAS Motors, Electric or paddles only.

No Jet Ski’s, Wake Boats, Terror’s on the Lake

Very little Pressure and some great Fishing Be Aware of those Toothy Creature’s that steal your baits. That chain grows them Big, I’ve seen a 48″+ Musky in the channel between Isles and Cedar.

Bass fishing is Great, my PB was 19-1/2″ , I’ve seen a couple 21″+.

Good Luck
    I want to get down there for Bass this Summer again, now that my Boat is rigged with a extra 4th Battery (3 for my 36Volt 105-lb bow mount [Toolman over powered , 5mph on trolling motor power]) to limp out is I spend too much time going all the way back around Cedar or even Brownie.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.