Gervais?

• benwitham

I was out on Gervais the other day fishing walleye, managed to land one nice eater. There where a ton of other guys trolling for walleyes. My quesstion is, does anyone do well on Gervais? I hear people say there are good walleye in there, but i cant seem to find them. I’m not really a walleye guy, but i want to do more this year. I also would like to stay in the metro, so any advice or suggetions on other lakes would be awesome.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Welcome to IDO! I’ve never fished Gervais for Walleye but do see a fair amount of people trolling the breaklines in 20+ FOW for Walleyes. There are some nice Tiger Muskies and Bass in there as well. Other lakes worth a shot for Walleyes nearby are Johanna and Owasso. Both have pretty good Walleye populations and some nice fish as well. Johanna probably has a better average size and Owasso more numbers of smaller fish with a chance at an occasional 27″+piggie. PM me if you’d like a few Walleye locations/techniques to try on either of these two lakes.

jimjohnson73

Yeah, I used to fish Gervais all the time. The spot I would catch the eyeballs was on that point that extended out into the middle of the lake (if you need a map, see http://www.fishnbudz.com) and fish the eyeballs in 20+ feet of water.

The action that is highly, highly under-rated on Gervais is the carp action. Go out there with some stink-bait on a hot, summer afternoon with a six-pack and some slip-bobber rigs. There are 40 pound+ carp swimming these waters.

Frankly, the carp are muscling out the other fish, so catch and smoke some of them!

– Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.