Tyler can also catch bass…

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

But those are easy.

This is just a quick report on how Tyler and I did for the bass opener on a west metro lake.

Saturday morning we hit the lake at about 7 a.m. armed with tubes and 5” Yum Dinger’s. We hit a shallow flat pitching tube T-rigged without weight. The first thing I noticed on this flat was how low the water is. The lake in general seemed to be down easily 1.5’ and my Lakemaster chip seemed to think it was more. So we started working the flat that had emerging pads coming up and Tyler was the first to connect with one that was about 15”. The rest of the morning was the same recipe; shallow flat with tubes. We wrapped things up around 1 p.m. and boated about 12 fish with Tyler catching the largest measuring 18”. We had a good morning but nothing of real size and of course I forgot the camera at home.

Today we went out again at 6 a.m. looking to duplicate or better Saturday’s experience. We went back to the same program with nothing to show for our efforts. I’m not sure if it was the cool night or the clear and calm morning, but we couldn’t find a fish shallow. I decided to try a little deeper and fished a fairly large hump that topped out at about 4’ deep with weeds and a fairly deep drop on the sides. After a little messing around I connected using a 5” Dinger t-rigged with a split shot about 12” ahead of the hook. We pulled about 6 fish from this hump and missed a few others. These fish were smacking the Dinger’s with one being caught as I was reeling in to make another cast. Once we wore out the spot we headed back to the flats and in one area with a channel it was game on again. It was back to the tubes and we were in business. Tyler took top honors again with the largest fish, but we didn’t put it on the boats. I’d guess about a 19 incher. Attached are pictures from today’s catch.

Of all the people to see, I ran into Mr. Wiggum. Thank you for not sporting the Speedo. It was nice to see you again.

We had a fun couple of mornings on the water together. At this time we are scheming a way for Mom to let us out again tomorrow morning.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

And Tyler’s big one.

Way to go buddy

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nice Fish tyler!

Looks like you guys had another great day one the water

riverfan
    MN

Awesome fish Tyler

baldwin4
    NE IA

Great looking bass Tyler

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Gosh, he sure it getting big fast.

Congrats to both of you!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice BASS Tyler,
    Jack

KABPI
    DesMoines, Iowa

Nicely done!! Have you been out again since? I’m heading up this weekend to give it a try, wondered how they are biting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.