Prior Lake report

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I actually had a few hours to fish this morning. I decided to try Prior for a liitle bass action this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see they were cooperating today. I was on the water before sunrise and caught a few before the sun came up. I was fishing topwater and the fish were more than willing to take it. I have to admit it took me a few fish to remember to give a second or two to set the hook. It was so tempting to “jerk” when you see the fish roll. They were not exploding on the bait, it was more like a little roll and they were off with it. I was off the lake by 10 but it was a very fun morning. I did not get any monsters, the largest being about 16″, but it was a fun morning on the lake. I ended up with about a dozen fish, with a bonus northern on a topwater bait.

mpoot
    Eagan, MN

Haven’t fished prior for awhile. Has anyone been out?

Whitecapmfg

2 of us where out about 5 days ago and picked up 9 walleye and kept 7 in about 3hrs. none over 16″. went out 3 days ago and didnt catch any.

mpoot
    Eagan, MN

Were you out during the day or at night? Trolling deep weed lines? Crankbaits or live bait? Just curious, I am heading out there saturday and I don’t know if I should go early morning or late afternoon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.