Metro Open Water Sightings

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Battle Creek (Mud) was open today. Tanners looked rotted black and will probably go tomorrow. Ice out baby!

-J.

bgreen82
    MN

my sister went to como today, and she said there were a few people out there.on a side note, the lakefinder on the dnr website shows small abundance of channels in there but a lot of stocking of them. the survey was done in 2001 though. is there an adequate supply in there?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Ive been on the river every day.. the only lake I have seen lately is Diamond lake in south minneapolis which was 95% open.

We didnt get an of te rain from the storm, but 75 degrees today has to take a toll

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Even Calhoun and Harriet look close as I passed by this morning. Very dark and the ice is very poxed (sp?). There are a few gaps on the shore, but nothing large. It was very cool looking out at Harriet from the east side as the fog shifted enough to the east to look like a 20′ thick cloud just hovering over the ice. Wish I had my camera.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I would guess that after today/tomorrow most lakes are going to be open?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Went by Ham this afternoon. Still frozen from shore to shore. Ice looked pretty rough. Would think by this weekend or early next week it should be open.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Harriet has a varying open water on the north shore up to 20 yards in some spots. Same goes for the south end of Calhoun.

Glenn
    Eden Prairie, MN

Shady Oak Lake in Hopkins opened overnight.

Bryant Lake opened as well, with just a bit of slush in the North bay that will be gone before the end of today.

Time to fire up the boats!

Glenn

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Pickerel Lake in Lilydale opened up Sunday.

dd

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Any word on Prior or Marion, or any other of the south metro lakes?

kabbie55106

I went to Commo last night. It was totaly open. There was alot of small fish hitting the surface. Had a small bite but no takers.

Just happy to be able to fish.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Medicine in Plymouth looks like it could go in a week to 10 days.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Been sick so I haven’t had much chance to post…

As of today,

Marion is ice out on the main lake (deep part) I atleast most of the ice is on at the boat lauch, I didn’t actually head down there, I could see some sheets of ice in the bay going where marion goes under 35, east side of the lake, so it’s close.

As of Sunday night…

Spring looked like it had a couple days left in it the ice was still mostly whitish.

Carls I suspect will have the ice off pretty quick, but overall ice coveral was still about 90%.

And Fish looked really dark blue ice, I wouldn’t be suprised to see most of the ice out when I drive by tomorrow.

Cedar appeared to have more ice than any other lake.

Didn’t get a chance to check prior.

I’ll venture out for a little drive tomorrow. I expect things to have changed big time.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

SW side of Calhoun and Harriet is opening up.

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

Any word on Prior or Marion, or any other of the south metro lakes?

I was at Prior around noon today. Some of the shallow bays were completely open, but still much ice out deep. I also visited Bush Lake in Bloomington. It was completely open. Tomorrows chore will definitely be un-winterizing the boat.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I just made another post. Prior is open as of 630 this AM.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Some open water in the big bays of Minnetonka this AM. Not much but with this rain etc the lake should be open next week.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Harriet is about 90% open this morning, while Calhoun is still only about 5-10%. There are a lot of open pockets though.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Crappie reports will be coming soon.. open water style!

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Nokomis and Hiawatha are open.

kabbie55106

Quote:

I went to Commo last night. It was totaly open. There was alot of small fish hitting the surface. Had a small bite but no takers.

Just happy to be able to fish.

Went back to Commo again last night, first cast I got an 8.5 crappie.

FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Everythigng in the South metro is out

Orchard, Marion, Carls, Fish, Spring, Prior.

I assume Cedar and Crystal or open too.

The boat ramp on spring is kind of screwed up, I suspect a big sheet of ice hit the dock and moved it, only half of it is in the correct spot the rest is over the normal launching area I was fine on Sunday night, so I assume ice did this. I wouldn’t be able to launch my boat as is on Spring right now. I suppose a smaller boat with a roller trailer could get in somehow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Ham was wide open tonight. One trailer in the parking lot.

kabbie55106

I have heard but not seen for myself that phalen is open.

MNsuzuki

Medicine Lake is wide open, just saw a boat flying by, and was shocked to see it – since the lake was mostly ice last night!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.