Lake Independence

• Jayge

Hi All!
    Any of you been out to indy lately? We plan on trying indy this weekend and are wondering if the ice is safe to drive on yet? I know previous years that there used to be a shoveled road for you to follow but there’s really no snow NEways, hows the ice and the fishing if anybodys been to indy lately. Any info would help. Thx!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I haven’t been up that way yet. No clue how thick the ice is but I would “guess” that this cold snap will secure things for driving around here. I know others are driving on other lakes close by, but you will have to check out the thickness before you go!

BIGNEL07
    Albertville

Plenty of ice for driving. Was out there last week. Way to many people there on the weekends. Crappies are going ok and the walleye’s are hard to find keepers. Good luck.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have heard fishing reports from indy that sound very promising for the walleyes, but I have no idea if people are driving out yet(or if they should be driving out if they are). There isnt much snow, and its been pretty cold. I suspect the ice is pretty good.

The word has been good on the walleyes and crappies too from a couple guys I talk to that fish the lake often. I cant help you any further than that, but I know they are catching fish.

Jayge

Thx for the posts! Much appreciated. The more info the better. Keepers ain’t a factor though. Fish for the sport Catch n Release! Its just fun to get out.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

No problem driving out – plenty of trucks out there last week when I drove by.

col._klink
    St Paul

Drive by there and eat my lunch at the boat landing. They are pulling big houses all over the place.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

PLenty of ice. As usual, once the driving starts, the walleyes slow, at least for me. I have seen a little better ave size in the crappies this yr vs last.

Jayge

Thx everybody, the ice is plenty thick all over. Cruised all over friday night and nailed the crappies. Fished the mid hump in 20-30ft until about 11p.m. which produced a lot of suspendid crappies. Lot of small but a few ok ones although it was extremely cold. They were pretty iffy, thx to the spring bobbers and genzy’s. BRRrrrrrr. Not enough snow to really bank so holes kept freezing over. Didn’t get any pictures was trying to stay out of the cold, had big buddy on blast (HIGH). Didn’t manage any walleyes though. Maybe next time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.