Tonka

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Just a quicky report for Tonka. Fishing was a little slow Thur thru Sat. We managed at least a dozen fish each day with a couple nicer ones, but they were scattered. Most came shallow on spinnerbaits or swim jigs. A couple nicer fish did come deep. Fri morning water temps were 77, Sat afternoon it was 68. This weekend should be good with some nice weather. Good luck to those fishing the BASS tourny this weekend and the Silverado next weekend.

Besox

Any of those annoying Ski’s sighted?

KABPI
    DesMoines, Iowa

I have a small club tournament this coming weekend, maybe 6 boats. How many boats in the BASS tournament you were talking about?

I’ve only fished the lake once, any pointers for areas to try?
    Thanks

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I would expect 80+ boats for the BASS tourny.

We boated one small ski and had a mid 40 break off.

Most all the fishing was shallow. I think every bay has spots that will put out fish.

synthes
    Plymouth, MN

thanks for the report mike…trying to figure out this posting pictures thing…if it goes through…my biggest bass this year…right at 20″

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice fish! The background looks familar. What did it come on.

synthes
    Plymouth, MN

carolina rig…6″ texas smoke sally…caught another that day just over 19″….for a walleye guy, it sure was fun catching some of those big tonka bass.

KABPI
    DesMoines, Iowa

Are they still deep or moving up into the bays? I’ll be there tomorrow morning.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

The walleyes are starting to get active on mid-lake humps. Plenty of males to be caught with a jig/minnow in 15 to 20 fow!

KABPI
    DesMoines, Iowa

How about the bass for depth?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Bass???

What are bass???

Just kidding. Haven’t targeted them, nor have I caught any by mistake while ski fishing.

sorry I can’t help ya, but it does seem that bass guys are working a bit deeper water c-rigging for them, at the edge of the weed line.

I’m also picking up “dock talk”, the bass are starting to show up shallow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.