Tonka-Mon.

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Was on Minnetonka all day Monday. I was generally looking for some good Largemouth, but none were found. There was a cold front on Sunday, coupled with just not knowing much about Fall patterns proved frustrating. Also tried deeper water. only got a few small bass over weeds and shallow water. Early evening we were in Seton lake, and I thought I’d try trolling for a few Walleyes before we left. I used my Mille Lacs set, and a no.12 HJ in Clown. after only 15 minutes busted this Walleye. WOW what a surprize. IT measured 26 1/2 inches, and very full bodied. did not get any more, but this one was a bonus fish to an otherwise slow day.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Here is another pic.
    Jack.

billy_duh_kid

Nice eye Jack. That cold front Sunday wasn’t named Cal, was it? TB and I only got a healthy 16″ LM each and I’ll be getting a new propeller soon.

DUH

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Bill,
    There can only be one Bill D. Welcome to IDA. you are going to like it HERE. We do know that Cal was out on Sunday, need I say more????
    Jack..

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Kid!

Welcome to IDA.

Jack, very nice tuna for Tonka!!!!

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

Nice walleye, Jack. The new club prez and I were out on Saturday and also had a slow day. Not sure I can blame it on the front, though. Randy and I managed five point largemouth and three northerns between us (he did get a pretty nice northern, though-32″). I thought about trolling for walleyes in the evening but didn’t get around to it.

Duh – sorry to hear about the prop. Where did that happen? Was it aluminum or ss? I was very glad to have a gps with the Lakemaster chip with the buoys out.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Paul,
    I was also glad to have a gps map , I was blasting across the main big lake east of big island and had to do some S turns to stay over deeper water. some of those shoreline points DO come out a LONG WAYS. Am sure Bill had an Alum prop, if he had to replace an SS, he’s prob have more probs than the prop.
    Jack..

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Followed in Jack’s footsteps (at least for walleyes) and got a 27″ and a 29″ walleye trolling the weed edges. The big girls are showing up. Trolling between 2 and 2.5mph. For some reason Tonka walleyes prefer a faster speed or at least the big ones do. First fish caught about 6:30 the 29″ came around 7:30. Left the camera in the truck by accident but I may do that every night now

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Just goes to prove you don’t have to leave the metro area to catch trophy fish!!!!!!!

We have GREAT fishing for muskies, walleyes, and bass right here in our back yard!!!!!!!

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

Amen to that , I love the metro fishing, between Minnetonka and pool 2 I’m set. am going to hit tonka somemore this year and I appreciate the good reports, hopefully I can return the favor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.