Musky’s Sunday

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I put away my walleye hat for awhile and got out my musky hat, I fished early sunday morning, there were alot of musky fisherman out and everyone was deep casting to the break so I decided to fish shallow throwing top water, after several spots I pulled into a shallow flat and had a fish swing and miss twice so I went around and hit him from another direction and I got him to follow to the boat, probably a 40 incher. Several more casts down the shoreline and a fish exploded on my bait he swam by the boat and I couldn’t beleive how big he was, I was fishing by myself and managed to get him in the big kahona, measure him and get a picture and turn him loss, it was 46 inches, my biggest fish ever, now I know what all the fuss is about.If you would like to see the pic PM me with your E-mail.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Congrats on that fish. This was a great weekend to be out throwing baits, the fish were very active. What lake were you fishing on? I hit Indy on saturday morning and Sugar in the afternoon, saw lots of fish, and they were all up very shallow as you stated-3 to 6 feet of water. We managed to boat 2 on Indy and 1 on Sugar. It was a great way to break in the new boat. LUNGE SLIME

BigDaddyEE

Bob,

Was that you in the matching Crestliner that I talked to on Saturday morning?

I was out again yesterday morning and got another 40″ in nearly the same spot as the one on Saturday, with the same lure, at nearly the same time of day….weird. Best musky strike of my life…fully out of the water 3 times before I even knew what hit me.

I’d be interested to know a little about Sugar, as my neighbor keeps telling me to give it a try, but I haven’t made it up there as of yet. Send me a PM if you’ve got any details that you can share.

Assuming that was you, nice talking to you on Saturday…good luck on your future trips to Indy…it will only get better from here.

Eric

Bob Bowman
    MN

Eric, that was not me that you talked to on saturday, I was in a red ranger fisherman. As far as info on Sugar I have nothing for you, saturday afternoon was the 1st time I have been out there, I am just starting to learn this lake. I sure was impressed with the weed growth, and water clarity. We found cabbage beds in 20ft of water. If you want to try to hook up some time and try sugar with me I would be all for it. PM me if you are interested.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I was on Minnetonka, I guess when I go to the west metro site I think of Tonka, this is were I do my metro musk fishing.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome fish sippi!! Thanks for sharing the photo!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Here are a few pics of John’s Musky, he asked my for help in putting in on his forum.
    A beauty fish John,
    CONGRATUALTIONS,
    Here are your pics.
    Jack…

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Here is another on the Release.
    Great markings on this fish.
    again, way to GO, John.
    Jack..

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice fish!! Sept is usually my best month for them on Tonka and I can’t wait!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.